View Other Details
- Prior Experience: Previous experience working, volunteering or traveling abroad a plus.
- Language: Proficiency Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Knowledge: Solid working knowledge of community development and the host country's culture, history, and current events; demonstrated ability to maintain working-level contacts with NGO officials and host families.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to take initiative, work under minimal guidance, and in both office and field settings. Organizational and administrative skills. Excellent computer skills in word-processing and database management.
- Motivation and commitment to work effectively as part of an inter-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment under normal as well as complex and often stressful conditions.
Isla recruits talented undergrad & grad students in global sustainable development internships. Your Isla internship can be a 9 - 26+ weeks long, that will allow you to gain valuable international work experience, life skills, cultural awareness and sensitivity, and networking opportunities for your future career.
Boost your skills and confidence to help you develop personally and professionally by exposing yourself in a diverse, cross-cultural setting and obtain knowledge of a different part of the world, by exploring the Balkans’ history and life.
Typically, interns will have the education, skills and/or the work experience to meet the needs of the local partners. We also provide customized internship placements to match your particular interests, by working with one or more of the diversified local partner organizations in many sectors in Bulgaria.
Apply now to plan your internship ahead of time! Live Learn Intern!
- Become a change-maker through an Isla global development internship in your chosen sector - public health, environmental & wildlife conservation, entrepreneurship & social enterprise, and more!
- Make a lasting, positive impact by working with a grassroots local organization creating sustainable solutions for their communities.
- Gain on-the-job training, improve skills and experience global development while helping your host organization improve operations and outcomes.
- Join Isla in creating opportunities for greater global understanding, cooperation, and community service. Give a little. Gain a lot!