Isla Internships provides opportunities for intrepid humanitarians, social entrepreneurs and change-makers to work with the most dedicated community development leaders in our local partner communities in Uganda.
Isla recruits undergraduate and graduate students from universities and work places around the world to intern side-by-side with partner organizations seeking solutions to pressing challenges in their communities. Isla’s unique program immerses interns with substantive community development projects carried out in coordination with local partner organizations and our program staff in Uganda. With access to locally-led sustainable development model and innovative capacity-building methodologies, interns have the potential to make a lasting impact.
- Isla's programs give unparalleled opportunities to intrepid change-makers who are ready to follow their calling. Experience the joys and the challenges of deploying your capacities to help a community reach its full potential. Play a vital role in a gra
- Isla internships are driven by needs identified by local, grassroots organizations. Isla provides students, graduates, and professionals an opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with a professional development team. Interns gain a wide-array of academi
- Isla has developed specific positions tailored to the priorities of our local partners. We seek interns who have an interest in international development, but also those with background in finance, communications, business development and a variety of oth
- Isla programs are, by design, light on "extra-curricular" activities in order to maximize the impact an intern can have in their host community, as well as the depth of professional experience a participant can attain. If you have the travel bug (as we do
- Isla has developed a rigorous health and safety protocol to ensure the security of our interns and staff. International development work is inherently unpredictable, and so our staff is prepared to contend with any scenario that might arise.