Social Impact Entrepreneur Experience in Fiji

Social consulting with a local business owner

Enabling sustainable social impact in Fiji is a real-world industry experience that is unlike any other. From tackling food security, to alleviating major health issues through alternative cooking practices, to supporting local business owners to take their enterprises to the next level, implementing social business has never been more meaningful or sustainable.

Project Everest Ventures is a certified B Corporation, meaning that purpose is part of everything that we do. As leaders in sustainability and social impact, working on an internship in Fiji will put you at the cutting edge of tech-enabled international development. Gain soft skills in leadership, teamwork, and problem solving, alongside technical experience in social business methodologies such as Design Thinking and Lean Startup.

Select from one of our Fiji-based social impact projects, including: fuel sustainability, social consulting, and tech-enabled agricultural consulting and supply chain management.

• Collaborate and build meaningful connections with local Fijian communities through a cultural immersion that ensures the delivery of socially viable solutions that actually improves quality of life.
  • Explore the integration of exponential technologies, such as data-driven AI consulting, for scalable and sustainable social change at a grass-roots level.
  • Wind-down after work hours on the beautiful beaches of Fiji armed with a coconut and a sunset, or pop over to one of the stunning islands to make the most of your weekends.
  • 24/7 support and training from experienced leaders, staff and external partners who are highly trained in risk and safety management, facilitating personal and professional growth, and business development.
  • Learn and apply a range of industry-standard entrepreneurial and innovative methodologies and skills such as Design Thinking and Lean Startup and experience applying them to a real world context.

We are a Certified B Corporation!

We are proud to operate within a dedicated community of global leaders driving an international movement towards using business as a force for good. As a certified B Corporation, we meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose across all areas of our business.

Kathy

A challenging and rewarding experience

An internship with Project Everest is a great way to gain valuable work experience while working towards a good cause. The workshops that were conducted during the month were immensely helpful for my professional and personal growth - I felt like I learned something new everyday and I was constantly being pushed to step out of my comfort zone. The people at project are diverse and great and I learned a lot from interacting with them. Additionally, PEV’s model of using social enterprise to solve problems is able to create meaningful impacts in local communities, as opposed to voluntourism programs.

Expect the unexpected! Everyday will be a whole new experience.
Hao-Nam

An Unbeatable Experience

Going into Project Everest with no idea what to expect, given that I had inspiration from a friend, I wanted to see where this project will take me.
During January 2020, I went to Nadi, Suva and visited villages to learn and experience the Fijian culture. I have also developed as a person, especially my leadership skills and resilience. The group of trekkers are an amazing bunch of people, everyone is so diverse!
Everyone is very supportive and we all seem to get along with everyone very well!!

Expect the unexpected, be ready to test your personal/professional goals. Coming on board I have learnt so much about PEV, the project and also myself.
It's very surprising how much you can achieve when you are out of your comfort zone.
Mouna

Project Everest Fiji Social Consulting Team

The sight seeing is incredible in Fiji!! The food provided is the best I’ve ever had with lots of options to try new things!! The work life balance is great with end of day early and enforced so that we do not over work ourself and are actually able to enjoy the trip!! The houses have incredible views worth the hike up the hill!! Not knowing anything about social consulting Project Everest provides workshops to ensure you know what you are doing. Morning exercise is mandatory and has variety so you can take it easy with yoga or go all out with tabata.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Bring more mosquito repellents it gets really expensive having to buy so much here
Connie

PEV DArT Trekker Experience

The main outstanding fact that separates PEV from other placements are that they work with local communities in developing countries. I loved this because the whole experience was very rewarding and thrilling. It had very school-camp vibes but also during work hours, it was very chill and very much like modern workplaces that aim to foster high business morale. When working with locals we would do things that are unique only to PEV such as surveying farmers and visiting villages. This let me and a lot of other trekkers have a more authentic and traditional experience of Fiji.

Shuenli

Best experience

I wanted to sign up for PEV because I was so interested in social impact and interested to learn how it could be done through social enterprise. The whole internship was planned so well, executed so professionally and it has helped me grow personally as well as in my work. I can say that I made friends for life with the trekkers and all the people i’ve met at PEV have been absolutely genuine. I have no regrets signing up to adventure somewhere out of my comfort zone, to be able to work on something I’m passionate about and meet amazing people along the way.

Alex

PEV Trip of a lifetime

Trekking on a project in Fiji for a whole month was an incredible experience and one that I will remember for life. The social impact that we had could be seen by all in the local community. The personal and professional development that I went through was unlike anything else I have experienced during my normal degree. The project really allowed me to apply my knowledge from class into a real world context. It allowed me to stretch myself and taught me valuable skills that I didn’t think I was capable of. I can not reccomend this trip enough.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing was just how nice all of the locals were and how warm they were to the projects we were working on.
Briana

Unbeatable

My month in Fiji was unbeatable. I went into Project Everest with no idea what to expect, I just signed up to try something new, I guess I just wanted to challenge myself.
During my month I went out in to villages, visited all major cities in Fiji and experience true Fijian culture. In the process of doing this I learnt so many things about myself, and was able to grow to an extent that I didn’t think was possible in such a short period of time . I was challenged in every way, and given every opportunity to improve.

My advice to others going on this program is to expect to be challenged, expect the unexpected and be prepared to be shocked. You will be surprised by how much you can achieve when you allow yourself to experience things that make you uncomfortable.
Diya

Personal and Professional Growth!!

Project Everest provides an amazing experience that allows you to grow yourself both professionally and personally!! I was honestly shocked by the amount of personal growth I experienced over the month as this wasn’t something I went into it expecting. This growth is really well facilitated by the leadership team who are genuinely invested in each individual. It also provides an opportunity to meet amazing people and form lifelong friendships as you get to spend the month with like minded people.

What was your funniest moment?
One of the teams had organised a meeting with a village and when they rocked up the whole village had gone out to surf and they had to reschedule!!