IBA: Professional Training and Development Intern

Interns in the office during a typical weekday
Interns in the office during a typical weekday
Explore Guatemala
Explore Guatemala
IBA interns with intern manager at the Day of the Dead kite festival in Santiago
students with certificates
students with certificates

This program will give interns the opportunity to gain international work experience and also travel in Guatemala. IBA is an exciting growth phase where it is starting new online programs to provide business English and Spanish to local and international clients. Interns will play a key role in the implementation and development of these programs.

Work Responsibilities: complete the IBA Train the Trainer program, provide business English training courses to local and international clients, special assigned projects related to several business areas.

Learning opportunities: Spanish and local university courses, professional development trainings taught by business professionals, CSR training, relationship building with local companies.

Additional: housing and transportation provided with a program fee, living stipend, university credit, opportunity to travel in Guatemala.

What to learn more about Guatemala? Visit our website!

• International work experience.
  • Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) training program.
  • Professional development with business professionals.
  • Opportunity to explore Guatemala!
  • Interact with professionals from all over the world.

Rob

Great for professional development! Beautiful Country!

My experience in Guatemala, and with this internship, has been great. I have really gained an understanding and appreciation how an international business in Guatemala operates and how they view potential growth. International Business Academy (IBA) really takes pride in providing the resources necessary for their employees to grow and allows them to pursue projects based their own relevant interests. For example, I have always been interested in finance and I have had the opportunity to sit with the owner and implement a new cash flow program to help the company make better financial decisions.
Another beneficial aspect has been the professional development training I have received. This training has taught me some great strategies and methods for task prioritization, goal setting, project management, and other beneficial skills that I will use throughout my working career.
Outside of the office, Guatemala has a lot to offer. The natural beauty of Guatemala is absolutely incredible and their are some amazing trips you can plan (I am very excited to be traversing through rivers in the caves in Lanquin this weekend!). I strongly recommend that anyone who comes to really visit all that Guatemala has to offer.

If I were to improve this program, I think I would include an orientation program to help interns get acclimated with travelling in Guatemala. While the staff have been extremely helpful with any questions I have had and have helped me to organize and plan trips around Guatemala, I think a quick orientation going over some of the travel resources (such as which buses to use, phone numbers for taxi drivers) would have been extremely helpful.
Sarah

This one time I decided to go to Guatemala...

Many people ask me how I ended up in Guat and to be honest, it was because I was a recent graduate with no clue what I wanted to do with my life. I am so glad I made the decision on the whim to come here.

Working at the International Business Academy has been an absolutely rewarding experience. On a day to day basis, I see the impact I am making on our clients and the community of Guatemala. I have gained immeasurable experience and this is definitely an experience I will never forget.

Not only has the work been rewarding but I've had the opportunity to travel which has been great. I never realized how much Guatemala had to offer with its beauty and immense culture.