Interning at a hospital in Nepal provides participants an opportunity to learn about healthcare in a developing country and about tropical diseases. Pre-med and pre-dental students with relevant completed coursework, nursing students, medical students, and dental students are welcome to apply. Students are sometimes invited to observe surgeries, assist at free medical camps, and/or visit a rural clinic in addition to their primary placement (weather and time permitting). This program fills up during the summer, so we recommend applying early for May, June and July arrival dates.
- There is no country more beloved by those who have visited than Nepal!
- These placement are a rare opportunity to work with and learn from professional Nepali medical staff. Interns can contribute when appropriate and needed.
- All of ELI's participants live together in our new volunteer house, conveniently located on the edge of Thamel near cafes and all modes of transportation.
- There is so much to see and do during your free time! Ride the elephants in Chitwan, float on lake Phewa in Pokhara, bungee jumping, rafting, trekking...you name it!
- The people of Nepal are warm and welcoming - visitors tend to return again and again.