Project Development Internship in Nicaragua

Project Development Internship in Nicaragua

Comamos Juntos is a small, but growing social enterprise. Our aim is to strengthen and expand our food distribution network. To make that happen we need to get on board more Vendors, Communities and Volunteers and ensure the long-term sustainability of our system. That's where INTERNS come in. Everyone is involved in the whole development process, which includes both people and project management. Possible working fields are logistics, administration, research or networking.

Additional to these general long-term development tasks, each INTERN will have a special focus:
1. Finance (based in Managua, 3 months+)
2. Volunteer Recruitment (based in Managua, 3 months+)
3. Grant-writing (possibility of remote working, 3 months+)

VOLUNTEERS (1 month+) will be involved in all aspects of running a start-up organization; from helping out with the food collection and distribution, to media and publicity, through to community outreach, through to fundraising.

We'd love to hear from you!

North America » Nicaragua » Managua
North America » Nicaragua
Compensation
N/A
Industry
Resume
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
Our programmes are completely free. We only ask everyone to fundraise before their arrival. We offer the possibility of organising a homestay, which costs 200$ per month.

Pauline
Brussels, Belgium

Home away from home!

My internship with Comamos Juntos was a great experience. I was convinced from the very beginning that I had chosen the right place and organisation to volunteer. From day one, I felt like a part of, what we call, the Comamos Juntos family. They all became more than just colleagues, they were friends, family. We were a small team of very dedicated local and international volunteers working hand in hand to fight food waste and food poverty. What I loved about my internship is the perfect balance it offers between social action and office work. Since all the members of this small NGO are considered as equal, I could think myself about how much time I wanted to dedicate to the collection and the communities and how much time I wanted to dedicate to my office work in order to achieve my goals. My opinions, thoughts and ideas were always taken into account and respected. I feel like I've learned things that my daily life and university could never have taught me in Belgium. My tasks varied a lot, from the smallest things to more important tasks. I've been taking care of the social medias of the organisation and the fundraising. I had the opportunity of working quite indenpendently but anytime I would need help or advice, I could ask for it.
Apart from the work, Nicaragua is a country with a lot of resources and I was able to discover the culture, differences and all the amazing places it has to offer. Don't ever be afraid of going there because it is really safe and welcoming!

Alina
Cologne, Germany

Your opinion is highly valued!

My internship with Eat United was a great experience. The NGO is small and therefore you become an integrated part of the team. I had the opportunity to work self-sufficiently and could decide myself what I would like to get involved with. I learned a lot and grew as I've managed a lot of tasks for the first time.
I got a lot of support and input from the other members of Eat United. My thoughts, opinions and ideas were highly valued and I could contribute a lot to the change of the operating system. The atmosphere within the team is very warm and friendly. Everyone is treated equally. I made really good friends.
If you are very motivated and take the initiative, then you get the possibility of influencing the development of the organisation. Plus you have personal freedom!
During my stay, the internship role was more general. My tasks varied from future intern communication,to grant writing and re-definement of the operational model of the organisation and writing guidelines for local volunteers.

The division of tasks could be even more efficient.

FOOD POVERTY AND FOOD WASTE SHOULD NEVER COEXIST.

Eat United Nicaragua: building community food solutions.
We are a team of volunteers (90% local), food vendors and community centres who come together to ensure food security and combat food waste.

Our main actions are: RESCUE &