EcoSwell is a surfing-inspired sustainable development non-profit (NGO) driving the development of poor Peruvian coastal communities through a path of sustainability.
Lobitos is a semi-rural community that suffers from regular blackouts, power cuts and lack of resources. Moreover, energy costs are the highest monthly expense of families that are struggling to get out of poverty. EcoSwell’s renewable energy projects work to combat these issues by providing sustainably sourced energy. We need support with:
- Designing renewable energy solutions and implementing any add-ons or improvements to the existing systems.
- Leading research and coming up with relevant mechanical and electrical solutions in the construction of wind turbines, solar distillers and other potential renewable energy devices.
- You will work directly with the directors to manage the budgets of materials required.
- Getting involved in the actual installation work and upkeep of the projects.
- Enhance your CV and gain professional hands-on experience managing sustainable projects in an international development NGO, having a real positive impact on a vulnerable community.
- Work alongside experienced & passionate people from a range of disciplines & backgrounds.
- Live and work in a surfing paradise in northern Peru, the land of endless summer.