Hestía Psychotherapy Internship Program

Hestía Psychotherapy Internship Program

Hestía offers international psychology students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain practical experience in psychotherapy.

The program aims to be as thorough as possible, combining clinical work from different psychotherapeutic approaches, such as: Systemic Therapy, CBT, ACT, Constructivism, IRT. Next to the practical experience the program consists of theoretical workshops on different aspects of psychotherapy such as the therapeutic relationship, the case formulation and the different ways of treatment in the various approaches.

The idea is to provide participants with tools and resources for their clinical practice, making at the same time, the most out of two very special contexts: multicultural Hestía and cosmopolitan Barcelona.

Cover Letter
Phone / Skype Interview
Language Requirement
Participants of the summer promotion 2015 are elligable to a discounted price of 1350€, the first three participants to enrole will be offered a further discount of 30%!

A good introduction to the world of therapy

The staff of Hestia was really good at welcoming me and supporting me in every way.
For me it was very interesting meeting therapists that uses different approaches.
I was happy that we got to participate in supervision which taught me a lot about how to generate hypotheses about clients.
Observing in therapy sessions was extremely helpful in giving me knowledge about how to practice therapy.
During the internship I had a lot of lectures with different therapists where I learned about myself as a therapist through role playing, exercises and case formulations.

For me it would have been even better if I had had more clients on my own.

Great chance!

I felt very supported by everyone working at hestía, after sessions with my patients there was always more than one therapist offering me one on one supervision.
I enjoyed the theoretical classes which taught me a lot about different approaches and the roleplays that made me more confident in contact with patients.
Speaking Spanish is a big plus since some of the classes were offered in Spanish, and even with translation to English, I felt it was good to understand what they were talking about in Spanish.
There is no housing provided but it was not difficult for me to find a room in Barcelona! Just keep in mind, that everything here is super spontaneously so don´t expect free rooms months before you arrive!

The more spanish you speak, the better your experience will be not only at the center but also in the city and in every day life! I should have started studying it earlier!

About Hestía - International Psychotherapy in Barcelona

Hestía is an international, multilingual center of psychotherapy in Barcelona, Spain in which various different therapeutic approaches are combined. Working with individuals, couples, families but also schools and companies, hestía promotes health,...