- Dar es Salaam
View Other Details
- A made-to-measure elective tailoring service
- Access to our team of destination experts
- A customised overseas placement with guided supervision
- Comprehensive pre-departure preparation
- Access to MyTrip, our personalised online elective planner
- Airport pickup and local orientation
- Private, fully catered, security guarded accommodation
- Free local language lessons
- Round the clock support from experienced in-country teams
We do not offer paid internships or cater for volunteering experiences. To be eligible for a Work the World medical internship, you need to be in medical school, or have equivalent clinical experience (MD or equivalent). We can also not accept premeds.
The energetic Dar es Salaam is home to marketplaces, shops, bars and restaurants alike, as well as one of Work the World’s busiest hospitals. There is an incredible range of specialist departments available to work in, such as anesthesiology, cardiology, dermatology and neurosurgery – all of which participants can experience from a perspective unique to Africa’s developing healthcare system. One of the truly unique aspects of interning in Tanzania is the opportunity to live and work with Africa’s most famous tribe, the Maasai.
Afternoons can be spent visiting Tanzania’s untouched beaches, exploring local markets, or partying on the tropical island of Zanzibar - just a boat ride away from the shores of the city.