- United States of America
- Washington D.C.
View Other Details
- Advanced proficiency or fluency in English required
- Strong preference for working proficiency or fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, and/or Russian
- Demonstrated interest in women’s rights
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
The Vital Voices team is seeking a motivated intern who will support the Human Rights team, which manages Vital Voices’ programs and initiatives to end gender-based violence. The human rights program intern will contribute to multiple aspects of Vital Voices’ programs and initiatives to end gender-based violence through administrative, logistical, research, and programmatic support. This position reports to the Program Coordinator.
The internship requires a commitment of 20-40 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but students may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring, and summer terms, and preference will be given to students who can commit to a full semester. Working remotely is not available for the internship.
- On-the-job training for a variety of skills
- Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- A chance to learn about international advocacy
- Network with professional advocates in the non-profit sphere
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship