Go Beyond the Classroom at NYU Washington, DC

Go Beyond the Classroom at NYU Washington, DC

Gain real-world experience in a broad range of fields at NYU Washington, DC, where you'll integrate your course work with an unparalleled selection of internship opportunities. Placements can range from the US government or one of the city's nearly 200 foreign embassies to the Smithsonian or the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. An Internship Seminar and Fieldwork course will help you contextualize your experience. Students at NYU Washington, DC, can also take advantage of the District's large NYU alumni network, and the center offers a supportive mentorship program for all students. With such vast opportunities to build a professional network through internships, mentoring, and course work, you're sure to find your time in the US capital to be an enriching one. Learn more and access the online application on the NYU Global Programs website, and secure your spot for an amazing semester!

North America » United States of America » Washington D.C.
North America » United States of America
J-Term
Statement of Purpose
Letters of Recommendation
The cost provided is an estimate and expenses vary greatly by student. Airfare charges often depend on the departure city, and immigration costs depend on the citizenship of the student. The cost of living is affected by exchange rates and other factors which can fluctuate daily. In addition, these numbers do not include tuition. For more clarification on site costs, please visit our website.

Miranda
New York University

Amazing Semester @ NYU Washington DC

I spent the spring 2017 semester as a sophomore at NYU Washington DC, and I would say this semester was the highlight of my college experience so far. The entire study away program at NYU DC is really well done; for one, the student life staff, professors, and administration work very hard to create a sense of community within the program, and by the time I was over, I truly felt like we were all part of one huge family. I thoroughly enjoyed the classes I took there, which were challenging and fascinating, as everything was set against the backdrop of politics and democracy because we were living and learning in the nation's capital. I am a public policy major, so it was really great to have so many politics and policy oriented classes, shaped by amazing class discussions from peers who also cared deeply about politics, regardless of their technical views. My favorite part of my experience, though, was my internship. I worked as a legislative intern in the United States Senate for a Senator from my home state and I loved every moment of that experience. All of my friends in the program also loved their internships and felt like they learned a lot from them. I actually made some of my very best friends ever through the program. I recommend the program to any and all of my friends, whether they are politics or policy majors or not, because the energy, community, and learning experiences at NYU Washington DC are really amazing.

The attendance policy is a bit fickle and can feel limiting (basically no absences allowed), but I think hardly anything else can be done to improve the program.

NYU Global Programs provides study abroad experiences at 11 academic centers in Accra, Ghana; Berlin, Germany; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Florence, Italy; London, England; Madrid, Spain; Paris, France; Prague, Czech Republic; Sydney, Australia; Tel Aviv, Israel; Washington, DC, US; and at our degree-granting campuses in Shanghai,