Global Explorer Program: Intern & Travel. 12 cities & 9 industries.

Global Explorer Program: Intern & Travel. 12 cities & 9 industries.

The Global Explorer Program is City Internships' flagship. It is most popular with current students and recent graduates looking to explore and discover their career path.

In addition to an immersive internship, the program features an integral series of group-based seminars, workshops and activities.

For 2017, we will be offering spring, summer, fall and winter programs in 12 locations:
London, Paris, New York, Boston, Washington D.C., Miami, Chicago, Austin, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sydney & Hong Kong.

Graduates of the program leave with the professional skills, experience and connections necessary to find and launch a rewarding career.

Global Explorer Program:
8-week immersive internship* + Career Navigator Series + Future Leaders Series + Group Events & Excursions.

* More than 65 per cent of our alumni get hired by their host company. Your internship may last more than 8 or 6-weeks if you and your host company wish.

Program Dates: June 5th – July 28th 2017

• An Internship That Suits You - After enrolling on the program you will be invited to a phone interview. Your internship adviser will then go over your skills, ambitions and expectations, ensuring that you are matched with companies that suit you perfectly
  • Accommodation - Participants are housed on the stylish and modern UCLA college campus. Interns will have access to the excellent campus facilities, including a state-of-the-art gym and all you can eat dining halls. Located between Santa Monica and Beverly
  • Professional Development - Weekly careers seminars and workshops mean that you come away with more than just an amazing internship on your CV. We help you hone your business skills, learn from industry leaders, network with top professionals and ultimatel
  • Social Events - Our 24/7 support staff also help you explore Los Angeles away from your work placement, ensuring you take full advantage of your 8 week stay. You will find yourself regularly making trips to some of the best beaches in California for volle
  • Stand Out From The Crowd - Whilst an internship looks great on your CV, an internship with a top company in one of the world's leading cities looks even better. Plus, after your 8 week program you will have shown that you are a highly ambitious individual
Compensation
Sports Science
Resume
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
Our curriculum includes the following:

Internship
Cultivate real-world skills and experience to enhance your employability with an eight-week, full-time internship. We’ll work with you to identify the best opportunity with a host company that matches your professional goals and cultural fit.

Career Navigator Series
In an ever-evolving economy and employment market, it’s critical to make every move count. The Career Navigator Series will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to make smart, informed career decisions. We’ll see you every Tuesday at seminars and networking events.

Future Leaders Series
Being a leader is a state of mind. The Future Leaders Series will train you to think and behave like a leader. With over 15 hours of contact time, we’ll see you for a workshop every Thursday and set you weekly exercises. You can take as much from this module as you like.

Group Activities & Travel
With the destination firmly in hand, it’s important to enjoy the journey. We’ll host a series of networking evenings, a weekend retreat, a day trip and social get-togethers that bring your cohort together. And when we’re not doing it together, we’ll always encourage you to travel, discover new things and see a new part of the world.

Janet
Syracuse, New York
Syracuse University

Hard Work and Good Fun! (New York City, Summer 2016)

Each Monday I looked forward to the City Internships events. During the week these were a combination of workshops and seminars (an alumni panel and an executive panel, for example). It was nice to hear executives validating with their advice what City Internships was teaching us. I loved my internship and would work for the company City Internships connected me with if I chose to work in New York City in the future—as my company's CEO invited me to work with them again.

For the weekend excursion we were taken to Lake George; I like that City Internships planned this relaxing trip into our busy, NYC work schedule! The activities were fun, and the company (other program interns and the City Internships staff) was great. A year later, I still stay in touch with friends I made through this summer interning program. Oh, and kudos to the City Internships staff—who balance fun and professionalism extremely well.

Cornelia
New York City

PR Intern Summer 2016 (New York City)

When I enrolled onto the CI program, I was super excited. I knew it was going to be completely different than anything else I had done before. It's hard to pinpoint what the most valuable skill is I learned over the summer, I got to meet so many people, I networked, I got a deep insight into the world of PR, it was just amazing.

New York City is full of opportunities and CI helped me embracing them by supporting me 24/7 and hosting career seminars twice a week to keep everybody on track.

Those seminars every Tuesday and Thursday were super helpful, they ranged from CV Surgery to Mock Interviews to lectures in Business Psychology and Leadership. I absolutely loved them and went to every single one of them.

By the way, I made so many amazing friends there! My two roommates were the absolute best, we're still in touch now (one year later) and actually had a reunion last February. CI did an amazing job at matching us and putting us into one room together. Obviously, I'm in love with New York City now and came back this summer to work here again. Highly recommend!

Perfect Program. Keep up the good work, guys. CI staff is so attentive and helpful, they go out of their way to make your experience worthwhile.

Joanna
United Kingdom
Heriot-Watt University

City Internships - New York, Summer 2017

The city internships program is truly unique as it goes out and finds internship placements which are based on your specific needs. The evening events which they organise are fantastic, insightful and helpful in career planning and general business skills. I have learnt so much from this program and have enjoyed every second along the way. You are supported and mentored throughout the whole experience from your initial consultation right through until the end of your 8 week placement and nothing is ever too much trouble for the program directors. Would 100% recommend.

Emily
Chicago

City Internships Los Angeles Program

This past summer was the best summer I've had to date. I was in a new city, but instantly made amazing new friends from the program. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly; I immediately felt at home. One of my friends from a different country that I met through the program is coming to visit me this weekend!

Through my internship experience this past summer, I learned how to conduct myself in a professional setting and learned a number of new skills relevant to the industry the company I worked at is in.

The staff at City Internships was amazing. At each of our two sessions during the week, I always left having learned something new. They really care about your success and are there for you throughout the entire summer to support you. This past summer was truly a summer I will never forget!

Steven
Beijing, China

Wonderful summer experience

It was one of the best summer of my life. LA is an amazing city with countless opportunities and million of things to do. Not only acquire internship experience but also meet people from all over the world and become good friends with them! I really enjoyed it.
We also get to go to Las Vegas for our retreat, it was amazing because I turned 21 during the program. So the whole program went and had a blast!

More affordable and more choices of housing.

Anna
Kesh, Fermanagh, United Kingdom

It was amazing in some ways - but not others

New York as a whole is an amazing city, with lovely attractions, the city literally does not sleep, and you can walk miles (I lost count of how many I did!).

I lived in a midtown NYU dorm, which was great - very close to attractions, food halls, libraries, the lot. Almost everything is walkable, and cabs are cheap.

But when it came to the working side of things, it was not simple, and it honestly felt like my concerns were dismissed the majority of the time; I did not feel listened to. I was also placed in an environment that I did not understand, and no one there seemed bothered to help when or if it was required. You were mainly left to your own devices. In this respect, I would urge the City Internships staff to listen to an intern's concerns, and help them if they need it - perhaps a few unscheduled visits to workplaces would be a way to see how things are going? I'm also not sure if the scope of employers currently signed to the programme is varied enough. City Internships perhaps may want to make it non negotiable to employers that important documents have to be returned on time - otherwise, perhaps, they will be dismissed from the program. I ran into difficulties over this with my employer, but it was sorted. Maybe they need to be vetted more thoroughly in the future.

This aside, the social scene was good, and the events the staff put on for us were good - I made some good contacts, and I very much appreciate the opportunity to do so. NYC is an amazing place (I mostly stuck to the city itself), and I was privileged to be able to visit DC with the interns and staff for a weekend.

As regards my safety, I felt very comfortable walking around the city at any time of the day or night.

I would like to go back, but I would be very worried about being placed in the same situation again, and the cost of the program itself is a lot.

Venchei
Birmingham, Alabama

City Internships-NYC Review

I believe that City Internships provides a great service that matches people whom are seeking a great professional learning experience with people whom are seeking to share what they have learned during their time in industry. City Internships offers great professional developments seminars, bonding trips, and an opportunity to learn about how a profession operates prior matriculation into that industry.

Neal
Mclean, VA

City Internships-NYC Program

City Internships allowed interns to easily transition into life in one of the busiest cities in the world. I believe the success of the program to be based in great management and staff. I would recommend any/all prospective interns to partake in the City Internship Program. I was thankful to be living downtown, in a NYU dormitory, in an area very close to any/all attractions of the city. Also, the dormitory setting was appealing because interns were automatically surrounded by a large community of friendly, college-aged individuals.

Sanne
London, UK
King's College London

Truly recommend

The programme was great as it helped me get an internship with a research company specializing in economics, which is exactly what i was interested in. My days were very varied, with the company really trying to make the projects i was working on interesting and rewarding. I did everything from data analysis, to being able to listen in on client calls as well as developing my own projects they used for further recommendation to clients on the market.

Response from City Internships

Hi,

Louis
London
Durham University

City Internships - London Review

City Internships helped me find an ideal placement within the Banking & Finance sector. The staff were very helpful from the onset and throughout.

Social Events were good, especially the weekend trip to the Lake district.

Overall the programme provides any budding student an excellent opportunity to kick start their career and also have a lot of fun.

I would highly recommend the London programme.

I believe the seminars could have been more targeted to specific sectors. For example, instead of a general CV clinic on a wednesday evening, they could offer a CV clinic tailored to the Banking & Finance sector.

Response from City Internships

Hi,

Thank you very much for the review. We're glad you had such a great time on the program. We love the trip to the Lake district as well.

Making our CV clinics more targeted towards particular sectors is definitely something we will look to improve on.

Adrian
Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia

Great Help with Starting the Job Search

I had a great time in LA. My internship was at a commercial real estate brokerage. While I enjoyed getting to know all of the interesting people from all of the world, it was an awesome opportunity to learn about networking, how to navigate my way through work interactions, and gain valuable skills for interviewing and resume-writing. The experience itself was a great talking point as I've been looking for positions of employment in my last year of college.

Make it free, but that's not really possible.

Response from City Internships

Hi,

Thank you very much for the review. It's great to hear that your internship placement is helping in your search for career opportunities.

Melanie
Nottingham, England.
University of Nottingham

My experience with City Internships

City Internships provides a great pathway to getting very valuable and substantial work experience in the industry you are interested in. You are well looked after during the programme and they provide various socials where you can get to know the other interns, all of which are from all corners of the world. The programme also provides weekly seminars, each with a different focus, designed to help you compete in the graduate jobs market.

The fee for completing an internship through City Internships is quite expensive, meaning some would not be able to take advantage of the programme.

Response from City Internships

Thank you for the review.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed the program, found it beneficial to your career and met lots of like-minded individuals.

Our fee structure covers our costs for arranging the program; an international placement, 24/7 staff support, careers seminars, social events, weekends away and accommodation with a meal plan if necessary.

If there is anything we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best,

Josh.

City Internships (CI) is an accelerated learning provider offering private post-secondary, non-degree granting, full-time immersive in-person courses that combine intensive classroom-based workshops and seminars, practical work experience-based training and a link to potential employers.

For students and recent graduates, CI’s programs provide the skills, experience