Sarah Roberts

Sarah Roberts is from Chicago, California. She interned at Kong & Allan in Shanghai. She enjoys Chinese food, making friends and taking photos.
Day in the Life of Sarah Roberts - Intern in Shanghai

Highlights: The highlight of my trip from a professional standpoint would definitely be having the opportunity to work in an office setting and gain knowledge of the supply chain consulting industry. It is a massive industry with many opportunities, I am hoping that this experience will lead to future opportunities.

Overall, the highlight of my trip was having the opportunity to live and work in a city as fast-paced and exciting as Shanghai. I believe that Shanghai is becoming one of the world’s great cities, as it has so much to offer! The nightlife is incredible, dining options are endless, and I love how the architecture is a mix of traditional Chinese and colonial-style European. I miss spending evenings at coffee shops in the French Concession, watching all the activity up and down the tree-lined streets. If possible, I would love to return to Shanghai some day.

Morning: In the morning, Shanghai is quite busy and crowded. After getting up and taking a quick shower, the first thing I did on my way to work is to grab a breakfast at a local street kiosk. Then I would get into a crowded subway and arrive half-sleepy to work.

Afternoon: At my office, things got pretty hectic after lunch time. As an intern, my daily tasks would vary from day to day, however on a ‘typical’ day I would review and update spreadsheets with information from our suppliers. Many businesses want to know about the upstream and downstream value-added flow of materials, and it was my responsibility to research and calculate some of this information.

Evening: After a busy day at work, I would always love to take a walk along the riverside, enjoying the moist air and the incredible scenery of Shanghai’s Pudong skyline. As a city, Shanghai is always always alive and awake, so things stay open till pretty late. Sometimes I would join other interns from Get in2 China, and we would go for dinner or out to one of Shanghai’s many amazing bars and clubs.

Our Company has been established since 2007 and this alumni network page is dedicated to the programs that have come and gone, but still hold a place in the memories of their students and interns. Alumni of programs no longer in session are encouraged to leave a review of their past experience with...