Learn Spanish in Authentic Havana Spanish School

Barclay languages is situated in heart of Havana in the neighborhood Central Havana. We focus on giving our students an interactive experiences where they use language to get to gain a deeper understanding of Cuba.

Our philosophy is simple – it is give our students the confidence to communicate, it is this communication focus that means our students learn Spanish faster, have more fun and most importantly interact with native Cubans and Latinos, some of the friendliest and more outgoing people on the planet.

Sure, we have a strong methodology that ensures that you learn Spanish fundamentals, but at our school, we believe in ensuring that it is the student that is doing most of the talking, and that they take this confidence out on the street with them when they leave class. Most importantly, our key goal is to get our students to keep coming back year after year, to experience the addictive rhythm and culture.

• Fast learning
  • Cultural immersion
  • All levels and all purposes
  • Outstanding teachers

• Instruction 9.6
Yaima

The best way to learn spanish is just few weeks

Classes are great, you can learn a lot in just few weeks, teachershave a lot of experience and patience sothey explan everything so good and they repeat what you ask as many times as you need. Venue es amazing, an old colonial house completely restored, classrooms with air conditioner and TV to support the learning process. The program has everything, a good book with plenty of excercises to practice grammar, speaking and writting, audios, videos, movies, tours around the city so you canr learn not only the language but also about cuban history, important places, leaving and cuban people. The staff is very kind, they are always available to help you. I have no complain, I seriously recommend this academy.

Marian

Getting my spanish on

I spent 2 weeks with Barclay and had a ball. The teachers are super fun and are very focused on getting you speaking Spanish fast. At some times I felt a bit out of my comfort zone - like trying to buy fruit in the market, but Candy my awesome teacher was always by my side to make sure everything worked out ok. Who would have thought buying a banana could be so fun.
It is also worth nothing that the curriculum is very thorough and you even get a free text book / exercise book included.

It would be great if there was the chance to have night activities to share with other students.
Todd

Uttering my first words :)

When I came to Barclay I could speak zero spanish. It seemed like an insurmountable task to learn another language - but thanks to a heroic level of patience from the teaching team, I finally got speaking and after 4 weeks am able to get my way around the streets of Havana. The teachers are super qualified, the administration is easy and above all the focus is on getting to talk not rote learn grammar. I will definitely come back

Include a weekend beach option :)
Julie

Cuba Dreaming

It was my dream for a long time to go to Cuba, when I realised I could mix with a spanish course I jumped at the chance. Really it is had to describe how much fun it is to hang out in Havana, more than that Barclay is one of the most well organised schools I have been to. The classrooms are beautifully laid out, there flat screens and A/C in each room and the teacher are next level qualified. Thanks Candy for a great 2 weeks, I can't wait for my next trip.

Sorry I don't have any good suggestions
bianca

Great hidden gem school

Thanks to Leyder and the team for a great 2 weeks of classes. We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon and were a bit short of time, and this was the only school we found that had no problem with us starting straight away and cramming our classes into fewer days. The intensive course was great, and we left with confidence to get our way around Havana and then later Cuba.

It is had to find something bad to say about Barclay, I guess the only suggestion that I have is that one day you guys could add a bar so that students can enjoy a mojito on the terrace after class 

Nothing really to mention, we loved that we got given exercise books that we could take home with us.

About Barclay Languages

Our language centre offers an engaging, one-of-a-kind experience to students who want to learn Spanish– real Spanish– in an authentic and stimulating atmosphere. Set within the frozen in time district of Central Havana the language centre offers the...