Learn Spanish & Dance or Culture - Cuba - 2 or 4 Weeks

Two or Four week full cultural immersion based in Old Havana. Spanish classes are supplemented with dance classes, cultural tours, excursions and trips out of town.

Based in Casa Jakera in Old Havana, Spanish language lessons take place Monday to Friday in the mornings.

In the afternoons you receive dance classes and ‘Discover Cuba’ cultural excursions.

Weekend trips feature the beach and a three day/two night weekend road trip to Viñales .
You will stay in ‘Casa Jakera’, a licensed Casa Particulare, sharing a dorm room with other student clients OR upon payment single room supplement you have the option to stay in another nearby Casa with your own room including private bathroom.

Either way breakfast and lunch are served at ‘Casa Jakera’ and this is the hub of program activities, including: Spanish lessons, group discussions, planning meetings and impromptu social gatherings.

• Learn Spanish - Monday to Friday’s intensive Spanish lessons take place shortly after breakfast. Your teacher is licensed and on day one you receive a short test to establish your level and objectives. Lessons take the format of 3 x 45 minute lessons each
  • Dance Lessions - There are 2 dance classes per week, usually Tuesday and Thursday from 14:00-15:00.
  • Discover Cuba - Three times weekly (usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons 14:00-17:00 approx.) we will take you on an adventure to help you understand and enjoy the history of Cuba and Habana.
  • Weekend excursions - For two weekends you are accompanied on a day trip to the beaches directly east of Havana.
  • Special Price - 500 years anniversary of Havana, we offer a special discount of 10% for every booking of Havana until the end of the year.

• Instruction 10
Sandra

The best cuban experience!

I really enjoyed my time in Cuba and I have Jakera to thank for that! The staff makes you feel very welcome and you get to be a part of the Jakera family very quickly. As a solo traveler, it's so nice to feel that you have people around you that you can trust and also have fun with. Leonel and Leandro are super kind and helpful, they will help you with anything you need. The rest of the staff are also very nice and as a tourist it's nice to get to know and spend time with the local people. I also had so much fun with the other "clients" that I met there. I enjoyed the spanish lessons I had with Laritza, she really pushed me to talk spanish and gave me the confidence that i needed. I would absolutley recommend others to visit Jakera Cuba!!

I really enjoyed the cultural walks and i wish that some of them would be longer. I felt that some of them were too short while others were perfect when it comes to time, the locations and the information the guide would give us.
Also, i found the dancing teachers at Casa del son to be unprofessional with the girls. That was upseting for me to hear since I was serious and actually was there to learn the dance. Some girls were offended and didn't want to go back there.