View Other Details
This month-long program will give you an intensive French language learning experience in one of the most stunningly beautiful places on Earth: the South of France. By living in a residence hall with fellow AFSers from around the world, you will get a truly cross-cultural experience and form friendships that span the globe. The program will be held at the Centre Méditerranéen d'Etudes Françaises in the city of Cap D'Ail, located on the Côte d'Azur (a.k.a. the French Riviera, on the Mediterranean coast of France) and neighboring the Principality of Monaco.
You’ll also be able to learn more about French culture by doing some exploring. On afternoons and weekends, you'll have the chance to visit nearby cities on the Riviera including Monaco, Nice, Menton, Villefranche, Èze, and Roquebrune. Day-trips might also include legendary resort destinations like Cannes (site of the annual international film festival), Saint-Tropez, or Grasse.
- Immerse yourself in the French language - the best way to become fluent in one of the most romantic, widely-spoken languages in the world.
- Live with a host family to deepen your immersion and connection to French culture. If you’re like most AFSers, you won’t want to leave this second family.
- Explore France’s stunning landscapes, art, architecture, and more. Savor some of the richest cuisine you’ll ever taste.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from all over the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resume.
AFS-USA Grants & Scholarships
The opportunity to study abroad should be available to everyone, regardless of their financial means. Annually, we award scholarships to about half of our study abroad students.