French courses on the Riviera

French courses on the Riviera

Actilangue was established in 1977 and it is registered as a private institute of higher education by the Ministry of National Education. The school building is located in a pleasant area full of cafes, restaurants, shops and boutiques, in the heart of Nice close to the Hotel Negresco. The beach and the famous Promenade des Anglais are only a two minute walk away. A special feature of the Actilangue program is the emphasis on conversational French. Students in the intensive courses have either one or two lessons in small conversation groups.

Europe » France » Nice

Lee
Provo, UT
Utah Valley University

Unforgettable experience // Une expérience inoubliable

For starters, this educational institution is very professional and they treat each student with respect. I was also amazed by the level of camaraderie that was shared between the instructors and the administration. There were plenty of opportunites to go on excursions in the city or along the coast because of Nice's prime location. The school itself isn't very far from the beach and getting out of class and heading over there after was a wonderful addition.

Being at this school helps each student identify and know into which French level they should be placed. But don't worry, if you find later on that you'd like to go either up or down in proficiency, you may have the opportunity to do so. It's a great way to be immersed in the language, the culture and real life French educators who honestly care about what they teach and who they teach it to. I would do this all over again given the chance.

Pour ceux qui ne parlent pas vraiment l'anglais ou qui parlent un tout petit français, je vous parle. Si vous cherchez une expérience qui vous aidera à maîtriser la langue française, je vous encourage à vous renseigner sur les bénéfices de cette institution éducative internationale. Vous aurez plein d'opportunités à parler en français, améliorer votre accent et votre vocabulaire. Les instructeurs se soucient extrêmement de votre progression par rapport aux études. Si vous avez un tout petit intérêt à cette école, mettez-le à l'épreuve de celle-ci et vous n'aurez pas de regrets.

At times, there appeared to be homework given that was busy work and nothing more. I would have liked to see assignments that were more beneficial to my educational growth.

Emily
Orlando, Florida
University of Central Florida

Amazing Experience

I had an amazing time studying at Actilangue! The teachers were extremely helpful, and the school itself was conveniently located near my residence, the beach, and many great restaurants. It was a fast-paced course, but never overwhelming. I feel that I learned more here in four weeks than I had in my previous years of foreign languages courses back in the United States. I liked that we were put in groups with students of similar skill levels; it made it less intimidating to have conversations. I hope that someday I am able to go back and continue learning French in this beautiful city!

I had a lot of fun on all of the excursions, but maybe the school could also provide instructions for navigating the public transportation within Nice. It's difficult to navigate buses when you aren't fluent in the language, so I only used them a few times.

Alessandro
Cuneo

Great experience!

I could strongly recommend Actilangue because of the good location of the school, the really competitive price and most of all the great quality of teaching.
I chose the intensive program and I am totally satisfied, as I had the opportunity to improve my language skills, especially oral ones. During the morning lessons were more focused on grammatical aspects, while in the afternoon classes I could strengthen my conversational capability.
Moreover I had a great time, meeting people from different countries who attend the school.

Hannah
Orlando, FL
University of Central Florida

Wonderful Program

My time in Nice is something I will always cherish. The school program was excellent and really helped me to grow in my conversational French. The best part of the program is that it is low stress. The emphasis is on learning and doing your best. One day I hope to go back!
The school is in a good location and I could walk to it from my residence. There are many boulangeries nearby to grab a snack from during the morning break.

Sometimes during the excursions, we were not given enough time to explore on our own.

Actilangue offers:
- High qualified teachers with experience
- Very competitive course prices
- Central location close to the beach
- Library and audio-video material
- Free internet WI-FI access
- Coffee and cool drink machines
- Accommodation of excellent quality at very good rates