Italian courses in one of the most beautiful towns by the sea in Italy

If you are not simply looking for an Italian language school in Italy but also a mix of history, culture and beach holiday you are welcome! Our Italian language school offers Italian immersion classes for adults, seniors and students in Otranto in Southern Italy, a small town by the sea, of great historical and artistic importance (Unesco site and in the list of the most beautiful villages in Italy).
Learning Italian in a human-scale city has many advantages. Here where it is possible to combine your Italian language program, with a holiday in the magical atmosphere and culture of Southern Italy and a vacation in one of the most crystalline seas of the Italian coast.

People have time to stop and speak to you (in Italian!) and are more than generous with their help and enthusiasm.

There is virtually no English spoken locally, so our students have an undiluted stunning stage on which to practice their new-found Italian skills!

• Small town
  • Italian courses and beach
  • Guided tours
  • Small classes

• Instruction 10
Bo

The perfect place for an Italian language vacation

Hello everybody ! I've followed a 2 weeks course at Scuola Porta d'Oriente in spring, at a beginner level, with Giada, a very dedicated teacher. The pedagogical methods implemented by the school suited me perfectly. The teacher, patient and very mindful, whether during private or group classes, has encouraged and guided me in my first steps in Italian. After 2 weeks, I was able to have short conversations with native speakers. The Salento region, especially in this first days of spring, is a paradise :the sea is clean, warm and quiet, the landscapes really splendid, the cultural patrimony is very rich, the city of Otranto and area is really nice, the food is delicious and the inhabitants are incredibly friendly. I do recommand Scuola Porta d'Oriente, in the Puglia region, if you wish to learn Italian while spending unforgettable holidays.

Ute

The perfect place for an Italian language vacation

I really enjoyed the lessons at the Porta d’Oriente school. The teachers are very good, in fact the best language teachers I have ever had - and in my long life I have met many. The lessons were pleasant, interesting and useful and made with joy and speed. They reinforced my desire to continue my studies of the Italian language. This is a result that I'm very happy with.
The Salento region, especially in this first days of spring, is a paradise: the sea is clean, warm and quiet, the landscapes really splendid, the cultural patrimony is very rich, the city of Otranto and area is really nice, the food is delicious and the inhabitants are incredibly friendly. I do recommand Scuola Porta d'Oriente, in the Puglia region, if you wish to learn Italian while spending an unforgettable vacation.

Ute

It was the best Italian course I've ever attended

It was the best Italian course I've ever attended. Actually I only wanted to attend a course for 1 week and then take a week off. But the lessons were so exciting and inspiring and fun that I extended it to 2 weeks.

My teacher Barbara can explain very well and does not structure the lessons in rigid grammar and conversation. There are very exciting topics that are discussed, and at the same time the rules of grammar are incorporated and we practice the language in the discussion.
 But what impressed me the most is Barbara's tremendous knowledge. She knows a great deal about history, culture and anthropology and her enthusiasm and curiosity are infectious.
It was a wonderful experience that I would happily recommend!