Learn Italian in Rome with EF International Language Campuses

Summer spots still available!

It's not too late to plan the summer adventure of a lifetime. Study for 2 weeks or stay for the whole summer. Looking for something longer? Our semester and yearlong programs start September 17th! Save $200 when you book with a friend.

Explore the magic and mystery of the Eternal City – from the ancient landmarks like the Colosseum and Pantheon to the backstreet trattorias that serve world-class cuisine. Learn Italian at EF Rome, located in the Navona District.

At EF, you decide when you want to study, how long you'll stay, and what you'd like to focus on. Personalize your course with Special Interest Classes like Italian Cinema, Cooking, Grammer, and Exam Preparation. Earn transferable college credit for any course 4 weeks or longer, allowing you to make the most of your time abroad.

EF Rome is accredited by EAQUALS and our courses are recognized by The University of Montana, our partner in higher education.

• Study from 2 weeks up to a full year, start any Monday.
  • EF Rome is located in the city center, between the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
  • Top activities include a tour of Gianicolo, visits to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, and day trips to Florence or Tivoli.
  • Choose to reside with a local host family or in the EF Residence, an international dorm.
  • EF students hail from over 100 countries around the world.

• Instruction 10
Karelya

La migliore esperienza

EF Language Course in Rome, Italy was hands down one of the best experiences of my life. I arrived in Italy and my luggage went missing, I was scared and frustrated. I didn't have anything with me and did not know the family who I would be staying in. I arrived at the home and I had the best welcome, they made me feel comfortable and safe and they made me not worry about my luggage. The next day I needed to be at school at 9am, my host family showed me how to get to school, how to take the metro and which buses to take from Termini. I arrived at school and was greeted with a huge smile by Domenico and other staff. i felt like I had known them forever, they did such a great job at making you feel at home and encouraging you to get to know others. I remember on the very first day we went on a tour of the areas surrounding the school and I met so many friends. Friends who I know travel with and are some of my closest friendships. The instruction began and the teachers were fantastic, professional and charismatic. They made learning Italian fun and they were so passionate about what they did. Every day I looked forward to going to school and learning more of the language and the culture. The teachers and staff didn't make this feel like school, they made it feel like we were all a family who spent time together learning about Italian culture. What I loved the most is that we weren't stuck in the classroom, we took our learning outside and had first hand experiences with the people of Rome. I loved that on the weekends we had field trips where we immersed ourselves in the Italian culture and visited new places. The whole staff was knowledgable and caring. They learned my name on the first day and were always to caring and helpful. This was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget, I recommend this program to anyone who has ever dreamed of studying abroad.

Ingeborg

La bella città eterna

For the past 10 weeks I have been studying the Italian language course at EF Roma -- definitely one of the best decisions of my life! After graduating from university I wanted to do something different for a little while before starting in the big bad scary world of working life, and as the Italian language has always intrigued me doing a language course to me felt like the best option.
I signed up at EF after a recommendation of a friend, and it has most definitely been an truly unforgettable experience, one I wouldn't want to have missed for the world.
In only 10 short weeks I learned all the basics of the language, and was able to speak, listen, write and read at a decent level, pretty impressive since I didn't speak a word before coming to Italy. All of this is thanks to the amazing staff at EF who patiently and clearly explain everything and convince you that you're able to speak much more than you think.
But to me the school was more than just a place to learn and study: it was the epicentre of social activities organised by school, but also a great way to meet new friends from all over the world.
I for one have definitely made lots of memories I will never forget and friends I will always stay in touch with.
Perhaps it seems a little intense to leave your home for a place you're unfamiliar with, especially when it is for a longer period of time. But with EF Rome there's a warm, welcoming environment waiting for you on the other side. There's so many nice things to say that I can't even decide what to say except from just go there and see for yourself :)

Sabrina

My two shorts weeks in Bella Roma

In only two weeks, I spent so much great times in this beautiful city ! You meet some new people everyday from all over the world. The staff will do everything for you to be comfortable in the school, your class, and your accommodation !
One thing I really appreciated is that I felt independent during my free time. I loved spending time during school's activities and also losing myself in the streets of Rome, it's a beautiful way to discover the city :) ! I also loved the school's activities because they're not just about visiting the most famous places. The staff will make you discover a part of Rome that you didn't know, and mostly unknown to tourists.
If you still hesitate, just... don't ! Go ahead ! You have the opportunity to study in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and this school is perfect to learn you the Italian language and culture ! Just prepare your stomach... you'll eat.. a lot !

Daniel

Roma Roma Roma

Without any doubt, the best decision of my life. The staff unbelievable, both support and teachers, my host family was incredible, true Italian hospitality. It's amazing how easily you're able to bond wI think other students and make lifelong friends. I had the time of my life, those months are something I will remember fondly for the estimate of my life! Rome's a city full of secrets, 50 years wouldn't be enough to see secrets all of it, but EF makes a really good job helping you make the most of it! 10/10 would recommend to anyone!

Insaf

Happy EF Stay

I hae really enjoyed my stay at Rome. All the EF crew was kind and helpful. The teachers were motivated.. The school'slocation is perfect, it allows you to discover some sightseeing around.
Even the activities were amazing.
My host family was so kind and open minded people.
I can say that the whole experience was a dream come true as it is for many other EF students.
Still have things to discover but

Jéssica

Rome with a R ou a H?

Rome is definitely my HOME. When I talk to my friends about Rome they think that I’m crazy or I’m overreacting. They do not understand it. Choosing Rome was the best decision I have ever made. The best days of my life was there. I love the city, the culture, the food, the smell AND my mamma italiana. Only who has lived in Rome understands. It is amazing how I felt at home there, more than in my own city.

The staff is great. It was really exciting to study Italian and extra activities were very fun. I have great memories.

When I didn’t have class, I used to go to my favorite spots (Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Spagna e Villa Borghese) just to be alone. It was great hanging out with my friends, but for me, these moments were perfect to feel and observe the Italian life.

I remember my last few days, I was with my girlfriends near Pantheon and we was going to have my last gelato at our favorite gelateria: Giolitti. I suddenly started to cry compulsively. I was sad because I was about to leave. I went back to Rome this year and not felt like a tourist for a moment. For me, it will always be my home.

Laura Stangl
Laura Stangl

Best decision I've ever made

There are no words to describe how amazing EF Rome is! Everyone at the school is so great, you feel like you're at home.

At first I was a little hesitant to go, since it is a whole other culture in another continent but when I say that this is one of the best decisions I've ever made I'm not joking. I met people from all over the world, friends that I know will last forever.

Now, the staff at the school is great! You can tell how much they all love their job and you can feel all the positivity and happiness, they're always checking on you to make sure you're ok and you're comfortable. I think I'll miss the staff as much as I'll miss my friends.

The only complaint I have is that I couldn't stay longer, but since I couldn't I'll definitely come back next year!

It's great as it is!
Katy Rose

Roma e EF

EF Roma is located right in the center of Rome, and you can really feel it. In between classes, which are never long but are mighty informative, you have access to really everywhere in the city. Teachers are fun but still good teachers, classes are long (and sometimes confusing for those completely new to language) but still keep your attention. For those looking for a social scene, EF provides activities all around the city from Wednesday night parties to adventures in Florence, Venice, and many more locations.

About EF International Language Campuses

The world is waiting. Learn a language abroad.

See the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from around the world as you prepare for your global future. EF's fun and interactive classes help you learn faster while living the language...