View Other Details
Application fee (nonrefundable; per academic year): Tourists: $80; Israeli citizens: NIS 360
Late fee: $150 or NIS 500 for payments received after the program payment deadline.
Israeli citizens: To qualify for this fee, you must present an Israeli Identity Card (Teudat Zehut)
An ulpan is a uniquely Israeli invention. Some say it’s oddly similar to your typical Israeli: Intense, no-holds-barred, but ultimately gets the job done, and with a warm smile. We’re talking about an immersive, classroom-based, deep-dive into the language. Ulpan is usually offered to new immigrants who wish to quickly and simultaneously master both the language and culture of their new home, but we've expanded the concept to anyone around the world with an interest in Hebrew or in Israel, and this year, it's been carefully reworked and gone... virtual!
Unlike most language courses – even those offered throughout Israel – the Hebrew University’s approach leverages its own millennia-old neighborhood of Jerusalem as a focal point, a “springboard” for its ulpan curriculum. The city, offers almost endless material to discuss: History, culture, faith, and current events that shape its future. We’re talking about a month-long, intensive academic course that requires dedication and focus.
- Study Hebrew in Jerusalem Online from the comfort of your home
- After completing the Ulpan, you will be well-versed in this city’s exciting mosaic of cultures, religions, and people!
- Sing-a-long with an Israeli musician – songs of different styles from a variety of musical cultures
- Virtual trips to a variety of fascinating destinations in Jerusalem with guides who are experienced Hebrew teachers.
- Screening of a full-length Israeli film, accompanied by classroom discussion