Yanapuma Foundation and Spanish School: Intensive Immersion Course

This is a 20-hour per week course of intensive Spanish study at beginner and intermediate levels. The course runs in both our schools - in Quito and in Cuenca.

Classes are restricted to a maximum of 5 students with a regular attendance of about 3 students. Teachers use a variety of multi-media tools in class and our methodology is based on learning to communicate primarily, with the grammar component included in order to support your ability to communicate.

All materials are supplied, including a work book. All you need is a pen or pencil!

The school runs a regular calendar of extra activities - many of them free - that you can sign up for, including weekend excursions to places of interest near Quito or Cuenca.

• Instruction 9.7
Dan

Excellent Spanish immersion program

I spent two weeks in Quito, Ecuador and one week in Cuenca, Ecuador in Yanapuma cultural immersion program. Spanish lessons in the morning and visiting cultural/historical sites in the afternoon with a guide from the school. I stayed with a family in each city arranged through the school who provided room/private bath, breakfast, and dinner. My Spanish improved immensely and I learned so much more about Quito and Cuenca through the guides then I would have on my own. Very reasonably priced. The school is very good about tailoring the instruction to your level and needs. It was a pleasure meeting folks from around the world who were also taking lessons.

Anke

Yanapuma Spanish Schools

I visited both Spanish schools in Quito and Cuenca during my stay in Ecuador. Both schools have very friendly and helpful staff. The study environment is lovely and very cosy.
It is possible to take classes in small groups, private classes or follow courses together with family or friends.
The teachers use different kinds of study materials as written & oral exercises, texts, videos and even music… In that way you learn a lot about the Ecuadorian culture as well. I learned about the different Ecuadorian traditions and holidays. Moreover I learned about local products and how traditional dishes are made.
The teachers are very patient and helpful and adapt their courses a little to what you need or like to learn the most.
The staff at the schools also help with planning activities and excursions during the weekend or can help planning a further trip.
Furthermore both schools are located in the historical centre of the cities Quito and Cuenca and are very easy to reach.
I had such a great experience at the Yanapuma Spanish School and I would highly recommend it to solo travellers, couples, groups of friends and families.

Simon

Great teaching Spanish!

I took 4 weeks of classes, already speaking a little Spanish. The first week there were two of us in the class and then another two joined for two weeks. Our teacher had us speaking from the start so we quickly got over feeling embarasses about making mistakes. It made us laugh a lot, but we really learned to communicate so it worked. The school is in a beautiful building place in the historic part of Quito with lots of traditional life around. I recommend Yanapuma to anyone who want to learn to speak and understand Spanish in a short time. Quito was really interesting too as a city to spend time in and at weekends I could take excursions to places outside the city.

Laura

Volunteering and Spanish classes in Cuenca

I spent 4 weeks studying with Yanapuma in Cuenca in February and stayed with a host family provided by them. My experience overall was wonderful. The staff were very attentive and the teaching style was perfect for me. My teacher used different materials including laptop with videos in short sequences to explore different aspects of the culture of Ecuador so I really appreciated learning not only Spanish but much about Ecuador in general. Classes were never boring. I volunteered in a project with the children of some of the indigenous recylcers who comb through the rubbish looking for paper, plastics and other materials they can recover. The experience was very gratifying and I wish I could have contributed more. Yanapuma seems to do a lot of good work in addition to the Spanish classes, so definitely a good place to learn Spanish!

Laura

Wonderful School

In total I took seven weeks of Spanish classes with five different teachers at Yanapuma Foundation and Language School. I was blown away both by the quality of instruction and also the wonderful personalities of the people. I experienced Individual Instruction, the Cuenca Cultural Program, and four Study and Tour excursions. All of these met or exceeded expectations.
I have supported their work giving scholarships to improve education opportunities where needed. I highly recommend this school to anyone coming to Ecuador.

Communication among administration, teachers and students should improve.
Michelle

Spanish and Culture in Cuenca

My husband and I are in our early 30's and did a week of Spanish classes at Yanapuma Spanish school in Cuenca, Ecuador. We also did their Cultural Program and a short homestay they arranged. There are a lot of different ways to customize your experience at this school- including volunteering and different class schedules. We definitely recommend it.

About Yanapuma Foundation and Spanish School

Yanapuma Foundation and Spanish School is an Ecuadorian non-profit NGO, offering Spanish classes, travel plans and volunteering opportunities all around Ecuador and on the Galapagos Islands. Our Spanish school and travel agency provides core funding...