Yanapuma Foundation and Spanish School: Intensive Immersion Course

Yanapuma Foundation and Spanish School: Intensive Immersion Course

This is a 20-hour per week course of intensive Spanish study at beginner and intermediate levels. The course runs in both our schools - in Quito and in Cuenca.

Classes are restricted to a maximum of 5 students with a regular attendance of about 3 students. Teachers use a variety of multi-media tools in class and our methodology is based on learning to communicate primarily, with the grammar component included in order to support your ability to communicate.

All materials are supplied, including a work book. All you need is a pen or pencil!

The school runs a regular calendar of extra activities - many of them free - that you can sign up for, including weekend excursions to places of interest near Quito or Cuenca.

South America » Ecuador » Quito
South America » Ecuador
Hotel

• Instruction

Simon
Paris

Great teaching Spanish!

I took 4 weeks of classes, already speaking a little Spanish. The first week there were two of us in the class and then another two joined for two weeks. Our teacher had us speaking from the start so we quickly got over feeling embarasses about making mistakes. It made us laugh a lot, but we really learned to communicate so it worked. The school is in a beautiful building place in the historic part of Quito with lots of traditional life around. I recommend Yanapuma to anyone who want to learn to speak and understand Spanish in a short time. Quito was really interesting too as a city to spend time in and at weekends I could take excursions to places outside the city.

Laura
Nottingham

Volunteering and Spanish classes in Cuenca

I spent 4 weeks studying with Yanapuma in Cuenca in February and stayed with a host family provided by them. My experience overall was wonderful. The staff were very attentive and the teaching style was perfect for me. My teacher used different materials including laptop with videos in short sequences to explore different aspects of the culture of Ecuador so I really appreciated learning not only Spanish but much about Ecuador in general. Classes were never boring. I volunteered in a project with the children of some of the indigenous recylcers who comb through the rubbish looking for paper, plastics and other materials they can recover. The experience was very gratifying and I wish I could have contributed more. Yanapuma seems to do a lot of good work in addition to the Spanish classes, so definitely a good place to learn Spanish!

Laura
Nova Scotia, Canada
Saint Mary's University

Wonderful School

In total I took seven weeks of Spanish classes with five different teachers at Yanapuma Foundation and Language School. I was blown away both by the quality of instruction and also the wonderful personalities of the people. I experienced Individual Instruction, the Cuenca Cultural Program, and four Study and Tour excursions. All of these met or exceeded expectations.
I have supported their work giving scholarships to improve education opportunities where needed. I highly recommend this school to anyone coming to Ecuador.

Communication among administration, teachers and students should improve.

Michelle
Oregon

Spanish and Culture in Cuenca

My husband and I are in our early 30's and did a week of Spanish classes at Yanapuma Spanish school in Cuenca, Ecuador. We also did their Cultural Program and a short homestay they arranged. There are a lot of different ways to customize your experience at this school- including volunteering and different class schedules. We definitely recommend it.

Yanapuma Foundation and Spanish School is an Ecuadorian non-profit NGO, offering Spanish classes, travel plans and volunteering opportunities all around Ecuador and on the Galapagos Islands. Our Spanish school and travel agency provides core funding for our work as a foundation so your presence as