• Spain

One Week: 1,350 €
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Meals Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Some Park Fees SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
Jan 25, 2022
Jun 16, 2022
30 travelers are looking at this program

We are a small and friendly Spanish school with a homestay program in the south of Spain. Our family, with 2 experienced Spanish teachers, will make students feel at home and live a real Spanish immersion.

• Total immersion in Spanish language
• Over 12 hours Spanish a day
• Professional teachers
• All levels from beginner to advanced
• Small group: 4 students maximum
• Accommodation in Agualivar Spanish School
• A spectacular frontbeach villa
• 3 workshops a week
• Full board: breakfast, lunch and dinner with your teacher and Agualivar team.
• The opportunity to maximise your progress
• Special emphasis on listening, speaking & communication skills
• A specialised programme of study designed for each student
• Flexible dates. Start on any sunday
• Each teaching hour is a full 60 minutes
• Authentic excursions and local experiences
• Visits to the most beautiful places, historic and cultural sites.
• Progress report, certificate and advice for future study

• Instruction 9.9
Julie

Agualiver Spanish School

I spent two weeks at Agualivar, and I can't imagine a better immersion experience. Eli and Fani are fantastic teachers! Lessons were tailored to my level, with plenty of personal attention. I learned so much and gained the confidence I needed to converse with people on my travels in Spain. The accommodations at Agualiver are beautiful and comfortable, and the food is amazing! We learned to cook Spanish dishes like paella and gazpacho. Plenty of fun and interesting excursions to nearby towns as well. I highly recommend Agualiver to anyone considering a Spanish immersion program. Thank you Eli, Fani and Carmen!

Pros
  • Personal attention
  • Setting
  • Activities
Stacey

Agualivar Spanish School

I spent two weeks at Agualiver school. This was by far the best learning experience I have ever had. The two teachers, Eli and Frany, were amazing. They both had the gift of clearly explaining concepts, providing plenty of review and being patient with my struggles to learn a language. I was safe to feel my frustrations and to keep moving through them. In addition to the fabulous instruction, each meal was a gourmet feast looking over the mediterranean and shared with spanish conversations. The school is also their home and they have an extensive garden/orchard that provides most of the veggies and fruit. In the afternoons we did excursions to close by towns with a spanish tour guide. And for me, as a cyclist, it was extra special to have beautiful hills behind the house to explore on the weekends. This was truly a unique and special experience. I hope to return and stay for additional weeks. Maybe next time I will write a review in spanish :)

Pros
  • Fabulous instruction: Gifted instructors who understand older language learners
  • Perfect location: Close to Malaga, beaches and mountains
  • Delicious meals
Cons
  • I wish I had more time
Oliver

A Wonderful and Unforgettable Experience!

Agualivar school was fabulous – a truly special place! Not only was it a place to improve my Spanish, but also to enjoy a complete experience.

Being a small school outside a large city, it may not be right for everyone. But for me, it was everything I was looking for.

First of all, the people. In a live-in school, this is a very important aspect, and there, the people were warm, friendly and welcoming. It was like being at home, because it is a home!

Second is the accommodation. In my opinion, it couldn’t have been better. The rooms are large with their own bathrooms, there’s a lot of space and the sea-view is spectacular!
Third is the food. Most was home-cooked, with lots of fruit from the estate. If you don’t like home-cooked food, this isn’t the place for you.

Last but not least, is the teaching. With a maximum of four students, the learning was almost individual with four teachers and other members of the family. Various forms of teaching are used, from formal lessons with homework, to table-games, and excursions to interesting places, beach bars and restaurants.

In summary, for me it was a wonderful and unforgettable experience. I would like to go back some day!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Chirimoyas, or in English, custard apples. Completely new to me, but sweet, delicious and grown on the estate - but you don't eat the big black seeds.
Tom

Vive tus sueños españoles en Agualivar.

Queridos estudiantes de español, please do yourself a favor and drop all other study programs you are considering or other countries you are thinking about traveling to and do everything you can to get to southern Spain and study at Agualivar. I have been studying Spanish for the last 15 years in many countries and through many modalities and programs but I have never had an experience equal in quality and pedagogy like the school at Agualivar. From the first step onto the campus, which is really an orchard/farm, with the school, the family’s home/mansion, situated right in the middle of the fields on a bluff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Eli and Fani (teachers and sisters) are so kind natured and welcoming. Four star hotels will struggle to equal the care and quality of life at Agualivar. From the accommodations to the meals, to the study areas, to the surrounding villages and towns to explore, nothing I have experienced can compare to my time with Eli and Fani at their home. Bottom line is that all your basic needs are met so that you can immerse yourself into the work of language acquisition. And I emphasize ACQUISITION. By the commitment of the teachers and fellow students to speak only in the target language you are not simply learning Spanish, you are living it and acquiring the language unconsciously through interactions and experience. Yes, there are classroom activities and there is grammar study but this study is all done in a low stress low anxiety environment on the patio overlooking the sea or on a comfortable couch in their home’s extensive library and sitting room. The afternoon excursions, harvesting olives in the grove, walking into town by the sea, or just relaxing and studying in the yard alongside the family pool, are all the ways in which your Spanish learning will deepen. When I returned to my “real life” in the small town where I reside in Spain, I recognized immediately how my Spanish speaking confidence had grown. I can express myself to native Spanish speakers without fear and navigate daily activities in a more robust and fluent way. No matter what your Spanish goals are, a week or a month at Agualivar will be an experience worth a dozen DELE programs or months of online classes. Live your Spanish dreams at Agualivar.

Queridos estudiantes de español, hazte un favor y abandona todos los demás programas de estudio que estés considerando u otros países a los que estés pensando viajar y haz todo lo posible para llegar al sur de España y estudiar en Agualivar. He estado estudiando español durante los últimos 15 años en muchos países y a través de muchas modalidades y programas, pero nunca he tenido una experiencia igual en calidad y pedagogía como la escuela de Agualivar. Desde el primer paso hacia el campus, que en realidad es un huerto / granja, con la escuela, la casa / mansión de la familia, situada en medio de los campos en un acantilado con vistas al mar Mediterráneo. Eli y Fani (maestras y hermanas) son muy amables y acogedoras. Los hoteles de cuatro estrellas lucharían por igualar el cuidado y la calidad de vida en Agualivar. Desde el alojamiento hasta las comidas, las áreas de estudio, los pueblos y ciudades circundantes para explorar, nada de lo que he experimentado se puede comparar con el tiempo que pasé con Eli y Fani en su casa. La conclusión es que se satisfacen todas sus necesidades básicas para que pueda sumergirse en el trabajo de la adquisición del idioma. Y destaco ADQUISICIÓN. Por el compromiso de los profesores y compañeros de hablar solo en el idioma de destino, no estás simplemente aprendiendo español, lo estás viviendo y adquiriendo el idioma de manera inconsciente a través de interacciones y experiencias. Sí, hay actividades en el aula y hay estudio de gramática, pero este estudio se realiza en un entorno de bajo estrés y ansiedad en el patio con vista al mar o en un cómodo sofá en la amplia biblioteca y sala de estar de su casa. Las excursiones por la tarde, la recolección de aceitunas en la arboleda, caminar hacia la ciudad junto al mar o simplemente relajarse y estudiar en el patio junto a la piscina familiar, son todas las formas en las que su aprendizaje del español se profundizará. Cuando regresé a mi “vida real” en la pequeña ciudad donde resido en España, reconocí de inmediato cómo había crecido mi confianza al hablar español. Puedo expresarme con hablantes nativos de español sin miedo y navegar las actividades diarias de una manera más sólida y fluida. No importa cuáles sean tus objetivos de español, una semana o un mes en Agualivar será una experiencia igual de una docena de programas DELE o meses de clases online. Vive tus sueños españoles en Agualivar.

Run don't walk to get to Agualivar! This should be your first stop in your Spanish learning life.
Judy

Agualivar Spanish School

Having looked online for a Spanish language school, I found Agualivar. I could not have chosen better. With a maximum of 4 students per week, this is a week with a difference and it has been very well thought out. The school is within the teachers' family home, so from breakfast through to going to bed, only Spanish is spoken and the enthusiasm and professionalism of the teachers ensures everyone gets to speak equally, share their thoughts/viewpoints and is encouraged to talk. The mix of structured lessons (3 hours daily), combined with cultural visits and all sitting together to eat and chat, brings a real freshness to each day. Weather permitting (and it was), lessons are held outside and the views are wonderful.
What also sets this school apart is it's location and did we (I went with a friend) strike lucky! Sets in acres of orchard, each student gets their own en-suite room in the stunning and spacious house, with views of the infinity swimming pool and beyond to the sea. Food was excellent too, home-cooked traditional Spanish cuisine with fresh produce from the gardens daily.
I highly recommend Agualivar Spanish school as a truly immersive Spanish language experience.

kasia

Amazing Experience!

I spent three amazing weeks at the Agualivar Spanish school. My experience was nothing short of incredible. I don’t even know where to begin raving about it: The beautiful home and it’s close location to the Mediterranean Sea, the incredible homemade delicious authentic Spanish food, the individual or semi private classes, The constant opportunity to listen, speak and immerse yourself in Spanish language, or the dedication, love and care given to the students by the family of agualivar…. The list goes on and on. I could write pages about my experience, but I will just say that if you Love Spanish language , want to learn and improve your skills, are curious about the Spanish culture, want try spanish food and would like to explore local Spanish towns on the weekends, you will have a great time! I did and I would return to Agualivar in a heartbeat and I hope I will many times because I know that I have my friends and my Spanish family there.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I was amazed how much Spanish I was taking in and using everyday. There is pretty much a non stop exposure to the language. The teachers are dedicated to helping you learn as much spinach as possible. By the end of each day my head was a tired but full of new vocabulary and it felt GOOD! I love studying Spanish!
George

As excellent as the reviews say.

Quality and warmth rarely are rarely found together in a language school, from the very first moment to the last. This was the experience. I felt included, felt at home, and my language skills, cultural knowledge, and taste and appreciation of local life in Andalucia were enriched. You will need to go experience it for yourselves!

La calidad y la calidez rara vez se encuentran juntas en una escuela de idiomas, desde el primer momento hasta el último. Esta fue mi experiencia. Me sentí incluido, me sentí como en casa, y mis habilidades lingüísticas, mi conocimiento cultural y mi gusto y aprecio por la vida en Andalucia se enriquecieron. ¡Tendrás que experimentarlo por ti mismo!

Nothing needs improving. I loved the entire experience.
Isaac

A life-changing experience at Agualivar

I have always wanted to do a Spanish immersion program in either Spain or Latin America, and luckily I had the time and budget for it this summer. Then, I started doing research online to figure out which program would best suit my needs. I came across Agualivar Spanish School and I was very impressed with all the comments I read and photos I saw. I knew that this school has the program and the environment I need to improve my Spanish, so I signed up for the two-week long course.

Much to my pleasure, the program turned out to be exactly like how people described in those comments. There were only two students in my class, which means that my classmate and I both received tons of attention/help from our three experienced Spanish teachers and we had plenty of opportunities to speak the language at home and in class (24/7). Everyday the teachers prepared a lot of fun and engaging activities, such as short videos, games, projects, role-play, debates/discussions, field trips (just to name a few), to help us practice and reinforce the knowledge of vocabulary and grammar. The teachers did a wonderful job creating a positive, supportive, and Spanish-only environment for learning. Every time I felt confused or had trouble understanding or speaking Spanish, the teachers were super helpful and patient to guide me through the process, which really lowered my anxiety and boosted my confidence. In addition, the flexible schedule not only allowed us to improve our Spanish but also gave us lots of free time to relax and take a siesta (which I did everyday:)).

As far as the physical environment is concerned, the school/home is located in the countryside. At first, I wasn’t sure that I was going to survive these two weeks given that I am a total city person. However, it turned out that away from all the hustle and bustle and temptations of a city life, I was able to focus better on my studies and form a deep and meaningful relationship with the teachers, students, and the family (because we spent so much time together). Some days the teachers would also take us on a field trip to the nearby cities for us to learn about their unique culture and history. I also tried to go to various fairs or festivals which took place in different neighborhoods on the weekend. Overall, I enjoyed spending time at home because it was extremely comfortable and self-sufficient with things like the ocean-view bedrooms, big farm, swimming pool, and super yummy and nutritious food made by the teachers and their mom etc.

Frankly speaking, studying Spanish at Agualivar is definitely one of the highlights for me this year. Not only did my Spanish improve, but my motivation and enthusiasm for Spanish also grew so much after this experience. It was sad to say goodbye to everyone because of the strong bond we built and sweet memories we created. I am super grateful for this experience and for everyone at Agualivar. For anyone who would like to challenge yourself with a Spanish immersion program and doesn't know where to go, I strongly recommend Augalivar for its solid program and perfect environment which will really hone your language skills as well as help you gain a better understanding of Spanish culture and history.