Am I able to teach in South Korea as someone living with HIV?

Posted by Gianni Onori 1 year 3 months ago


Hi Gianni,

In order to obtain a working visa to teach in Korea, teachers are screened and asked if they have any medical issues. If they do, they will not be granted a visa. I'm sorry to inform you that HIV is something that would prevent you from obtaining a working visa as per immigration rules.