Study Abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina: Summer

Daily walk to school
Street Tango
World Cup
AIFS Buenos Aires Argentina

Spend the summer in Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 18 credits at the University of Belgrano. Courses are taught in English or Spanish depending on the program. The Argentine and Latin Studies Program and Spanish with Service Learning Program require an intermediate to high level of Spanish. No previous Spanish language study is required for the Intensive Spanish Language Program.

Students with a High Intermediate level of Spanish can participate in the Spanish with Service Learning Program. This 8-week program combines Intensive Spanish Language courses with 60 hours of volunteer work in the local community.

In Buenos Aires, you’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• Gallery and museum visits
• Guided tours of La Boca and Recoleta Cemetery
• Visit to Barrio San Telmo
• A milonga evening to try the tango
• Day trips to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay and to Fiesta Gaucha.
A 3-day, optional excursion to Iguazú Falls is also available.

• Earn up to 18 credits and transcript issued by the University of Belgrano.
  • Day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
  • Optional 3-day excursion to the spectacular Iguazú Falls
  • Volunteer opportunities available

AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support

We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.

$500 - $5,000

Mary

AIFS Summer Program

I did an intensive 4 week Spanish course with AIFS at Universidad de Belgrano in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I did this program before taking a semester of classes and it really helped me prepare for the rest of my time in Argentina. Monday through Friday we would have class for 5 hours a day, with breaks in between for lunch. Once classes were over in the afternoon the AIFS director would take us on excursions around the city. Our director, Barbara always made sure we had an activity to do if we wanted to participate in. She gave restaurant recommendations, help with transportation and encouraged us to speak as much Spanish as possible to improve our speaking level. I stayed with a hostmom and had a roommate that was also with AIFS, our hostmom provided breakfast and dinner everyday. The apartment I stayed in was only 3 blocks away from the University which made it extremely convenient t to walk back and forth and also feel safe at the same time. On the weekends, our director always made sure we used our time wisely to explore as much as the city as possible. AIFS was the best fit for me, they made me feel comfortable and safe in a new city with a language I was not fluent in, they gave me tons of opportunities to optimize my time in Argentina to the fullest.