Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology

Swimming with a sea turtle in the Great Barrier Reef!
Australian beach bath house.
Taking a picture of the Sydney Opera House while on top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

Study at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia for one or two semesters, and be part of the RMIT community. Our Exchange and Study Abroad programs offer you a world of opportunities.

If your university does not have an exchange agreement with RMIT you can still join us in Melbourne for one or two semesters on a Study Abroad program. You will be immersed in the RMIT experience by studying alongside full time degree students from across the world.

You can design your own program by selecting courses from cross any of RMIT’s disciplines as long as you have the necessary prerequisites. RMIT offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees for you to select courses from.

The subjects that you study at RMIT can be credited towards your degree if they have been approved by your home institution

Alexi

My Favorite Experience

Getting accepted into the study abroad program at RMIT was one of the best things to ever happen to me. I always wanted to go to Australia, and having the opportunity to also go to school there was a once in a lifetime experience for me. While I was in Australia, I got to see the most amazing views, meet incredible people, and travel around the country to divulge in the incredible atmospheres. I also was able to spend my birthday in Australia and celebrate with my new friends. Venturing out on my own and opening up a new world for myself was the most rewarding part of my journey. I was able to take selfies with some kangaroos, cuddle with a koala, and snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef. I would not change my time in Australia for anything. Traveling abroad taught me so much about myself and opened my eyes to make me realize I can achieve anything I set my mind to. Going on this trip definitely makes me want to see other parts of the world. I have the travel bug now! It was the best experience of my life and I really wish I could do it again.

I would have liked to have heard back about my acceptance from RMIT a little sooner than just a few weeks so I could have prepared more.