IFSA: Study Abroad Programs in Australia

IFSA: Study Abroad Programs in Australia

Only in Australia will you find an irresistible combination of rugged Outback, urban sophistication and outstanding academics. Rural Australia’s desert of red earth and vivid blue skies are home to intriguing geological rock formations, unique wildlife, ancient fossils and Aboriginal rock carvings, while the semitropical rainforests and Great Barrier Reef offer endless tourism possibilities. Along the coasts, numerous large cities teem with liveliness and opportunities for culture, sports and entertainment.

Your Australian study abroad experience can take place at any one of 17 prestigious universities. For more personal attention, consider a smaller university off the beaten path or experience the excitement of a large university in one of Australia’s metropolitan areas. No matter where you choose to study, this unique country will offer an unforgettable experience and unparalleled academic choices.

Gold Coast
Visual Arts
Web Design
Women's Studies
Letters of Recommendation
IFSA doesn't believe in the nickel-and-dime approach to the study abroad experience. All of our programs include events and excursions exclusively for our students throughout their time abroad. We see these extras as a part of the larger academic experience. There are no hidden fees or expenses on an IFSA program. All of our fees, deposits and any supplemental charges such as meal plans are clearly outlined in our program fees.

IFSA has awarded millions of dollars in merit- and need-based scholarships over the past five years. Awards range from $500 to $5,000. We also believe that study abroad should be within the reach of every student, so we offer a wide range of scholarships and financing opportunities for our students.
Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Gold Coast, Lismore, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Townsville, Wollongong

IFSA Butler- University of Sydney

Studying abroad at the University of Sydney was the best experience of my life. Going to Australia in general was an amazing experience, but going through IFSA Butler made my experience much better. The IFSA Butler staff were amazing in helping us when we got to Australia for orientation by giving us a packed schedule of things to do upon arrival, and they were there for us whenever we needed. The best part of my experience studying abroad in Australia was an IFSA Butler event called country life weekend. During that weekend, all of the students in the IFSA Butler program went to stay with an Australian family at their farm. There we were able to see kangaroos hopping for miles while the sun rose. It was the epitome of the typical Australian experience and I would not have had that without IFSA Butler

Flinders University - Theatre Major

Great program! Butler's end made it very easy to apply and prepare for the trip. Flinder's end was very welcoming and had lots of programs for international students to do. (Day trips, special workshops, welcome lunches, etc.) Classes were easier than I expected and the workload was a lot less than I was used to having. (Which was alright for me, I needed a break!)

Good Location for an Education, but not for making friends

Australia is an awesome place to study lots of different subjects, but it was lacking in the locations of schools and support by program staff. I got to take amazing classes that were specific to Australia, but I didn't get to meet many other students.

House people in areas with other students, rather than random apartment complexes.
Navigating my tickets home was difficult because I needed to call someone who was working at their offices in America, which is about 13 hours different than Australia... not effective.

Response from Institute for Study Abroad

Dear Becka,

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We'd like to talk to you more about your housing and our support services to get some more feedback. Please drop us a line at [email protected] to continue this conversation!

About Institute for Study Abroad

The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988. Our primary goal is to provide quality study abroad opportunities, plus academic and personal support services, for qualified North American undergraduates seeking to...