TEAN: Study Abroad in Melbourne, Australia

TEAN's study abroad offerings in Melbourne, Australia offer students an experience chock full of culture, art, delicious food and sweet surf! Whether you're taking in a heated rugby match or delving into Melbourne's more sophisticated culture, you are sure to fall in love with life down under. Choose between four different universities - Deakin, Monash, RMIT (Australia’s number one school for art and design) and University of Melbourne - for the program and campus setting that best suits your needs.

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

Michael

Melb Baby!

Studying abroad in Melbourne, Australia was amazing and so impactful. TEAN helped me get all my paperwork done in a timely manner and were very helpful in making sure I was on time for everything. Melb itself is a beautiful city that has so much to offer on every corner. It is full of rich culture and has incredible food, coffee, art, and music. The place has something new waiting for you always. If you love the arts then Melb is totally for you. You don't need to look at a phone at any point as there is just so much street art or someone performing on the street. I attended RMIT University which was right in the CBD. Its modernism was cool to see next to some historical buildings. The city is thriving with new buildings going up everywhere. It truly is booming. I met some pretty awesome people as well and was able to create friendships that will last forever. Overall, the experience was superb and going through TEAN was easy to do. I reccomend Melbourne to anyone.

I would recommend it being a bit cheaper in price.
Emily

Amazing Experience with TEAN

My experience studying abroad with TEAN was incredible, it truly was an amazing 5 months! Before going, I knew that I was looking for something new, exciting and unknown to me which is why I chose to go to Australia. However, my home university did not offer a direct exchange with universities in Melbourne which was my first location of choice. TEAN gave me the opportunity to study where I wanted to and offered so much help in transitioning new students and acclimating them to the city. University of Melbourne is highly ranked with great professors and a beautiful campus! The housing TEAN provided was modern had the perfect location, right in the heart of the city. Melbourne became a second home thanks to TEAN and I cannot wait for the day I get the opportunity to go back!

Madi

The Most Spontaneous Five Months of My Life

TEAN Abroad was incredibly helpful in my transition from my home university to life abroad. They guided me in the entire process of applying for the program at my dream destination of Melbourne, Australia. Not only did they organize a fantastic orientation in Cairns, Australia, but they also continued to enhance our experience by showing us around our chosen city and brought us to different events throughout the semester. Because of the incredibly nice people at TEAN, we got to see a live footy match and sport the hometown gear in the fan section. We got to see a comedian at the International Comedy Festival and a concert at a local music venue. They tailor each program so that everyone can experience something they enjoy and make everyone feel right at home. Not once did I feel unsafe in my apartment or ignored from the TEAN staff. I got to spend my five months abroad in an apartment right in the city center with great new friends who I still remain in contact with. If anyone is looking to study abroad in Australia, New Zealand, or Asia, I highly recommend they use TEAN as their third-party organization to help make their experience remarkable right off the bat.

The only thing I would say is maybe more opportunities to meet local Australian students outside of class.
Dani

Experience of a lifetime

Studying abroad in Melbourne was the most amazing experience. I have grown to be extremely independent and full of confidence. I have explored the Australian culture and grown a great love for it. University of Melbourne is a beautiful and prestigious University. I felt extremely lucky to have the opportunity to study there. I would choose Australia and Melbourne over and over again. I would recommend this program to every person out there. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience.

Megan

The greatest decision I have ever made.

Studying abroad has changed the way I view myself, and the world. Since my trip this spring, I’ve completely changed my perspective on learning, and what it means to grow outside of my college bubble. Studying abroad has shown me to take full advantage of opportunities, for they could lead to some of the most significant and influential experiences of your life. I’ve become extremely passionate about traveling, and the importance it has on higher education. What I loved most about my time abroad was that learning didn’t stop when I left the classroom. As a member of a foreign community I learned to be independent and open minded to all the country had to offer. I believe there’s no better way to learn, than to learn by doing, and immersing myself in a completely new culture has impacted me in ways that staying home could not, and I’m very excited to share my experiences to other students.

Melbourne is the perfect size for study abroad. It’s big enough to have something going on at any given time, but by the end of 5 months I could travel around the entire city and know where I’m going. There is so much culture within art and music, but also has great beaches and national parks, as well as it’s close to the Great Ocean Road and other surfing and hiking locations. It has an incredibly competitive vibe when it comes to footy, but also has an overwhelming sense of acceptance for diversity of fashion, customs, and people as a whole.

Overall, studying abroad with TEAN was the greatest time of my life. I learned more about myself, other people and cultures, about how to be independent, and how travel and adventure through life this past semester. Never again will I be able to befriend 20 new strangers, and be able to travel with all of them to some of the most notable places in the world. TEAN gave me the building blocks to be successful through information sessions, housing, affiliation with the University, our RD, and so much more. Traveling to foreign country can be incredibly daunting, especially a country on the opposite side of the globe. TEAN recognizes that vulnerability and makes sure that we are completely taken care of.

Izzy

Unforgettable, Made Me Move Back!

My semester in Melbourne was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The University was beautiful and I really enjoyed my courses there as they were ones unavailable at my home Uni. The housing was nice quality and in an excellent location. It housed a mix of international and national students, some of which became my closest friends in Melbourne. The city is lively and bursting with art which was what attracted me initially. TEAN was very helpful in getting everyone accomodated and feeling comfortable with their new locations. The o loved Australia so much in my time with TEAN that I moved back after graduation!

Take less time to become enrolled
Carly

The time of my life!

Studying abroad in Melbourne, Australia with TEAN was the best decision I made in college. The TEAN program is amazing and they truly did immerse you in the culture. Having a resident director in the city allows you to get local advice and find the best things to do and places to go. TEAN was always there to answer my questions and calm my nerves. I loved my resident director in Melbourne, and one of my favorite memories was going to a local concert of a rising Australian artist with the resident director and other TEAN students.
Melbourne, is a great place to live, and I truly believe it is world's most livable city. Overall, Australia was amazing and in my semester I was bale to travel all over Australia as well as New Zealand and even go on a Thailand excursion with TEAN.
I can't imagine how my study abroad experience could have been any better.

Allison

A Worthwhile Experience

To anybody that is hemming and hawing about possibly studying abroad-stop and think. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to study at a college in a brand new place, while exploring a fresh world. Looking back on my experience studying abroad has taught me so much about adapting to new situations, meeting new people, and establishing new routines. Yes the expense is a big consideration, but when will you have another chance like this?

If I could change one thing I wish TEAN had initiated programs to help American study abroad students to meet native Australians.