View Other Details
UWA is on the approved list of overseas institutions that accept FAFSA loans from the US, too!
The University of Western Australia, a Group of 8 university ("Australia's Ivy League") and the oldest university in the state of WA, is well-known for its programs and research related to ecology, biological science, marine science (#43 in the world, QS 2017), conservation biology, ecotourism and more.
With one campus in Perth and another in Albany, UWA is the perfect place to study the environment. In fact, 80% of the marine life in WA cannot be found anywhere else in the world, so it is the ideal lab!
Popular classes include: Saving Endangered Species, Global Climate Change and Biodiversity, Decision Strategies for Biodiversity Conservation and more.
And don't forget about the opportunity to do research with a professor, too. How about in The Western Australian Biodiversity Science Institute (WABSI), which aims to bring together a database for information about WA’s enormous variety of animals and plants!
UWA even accepts FAFSA loans, so apply now!
- Located in one of the world's only remaining biodiversity hotspots.
- Group of 8 university ("Australia's Ivy League").
- "fieldwork focused" classes to get you out of the classroom and into the ideal living laboratory.
- UWA ranked #93 overall in the world (QS 2018).
- Opportunity to do undergraduate research with a UWA professor.