$5000 a year scholarship
The University of Western Australia, a Group of 8 university ("Australia's Ivy League") and the oldest university in the state of WA, is well-known for its programs and research related to ecology, biological science, marine science (#43 in the world, QS 2017), conservation biology, ecotourism and more.
With one campus in Perth and another in Albany (in the state's southwest), UWA is the perfect place to study the environment. In fact, 80% of the marine life in WA cannot be found anywhere else in the world, so it is the ideal lab!
Popular classes include: Saving Endangered Species, Global Climate Change and Biodiversity, Decision Strategies for Biodiversity Conservation and more.
And don't forget about the opportunity to do research with a professor, too. How about in The Western Australian Biodiversity Science Institute (WABSI), which aims to bring together a database for information about WA’s enormous variety of animals and plants!
UWA even accepts FAFSA loans, so apply now!
- Located in one of the world's only remaining biodiversity hotspots
- Group of 8 university ("Australia's Ivy League")
- "fieldwork focused" classes to get you out of the classroom and into the ideal living laboratory
- UWA ranked #93 overall in the world (QS 2018)
- Opportunity to do undergraduate research with a UWA professor