Experience the beauty and biodiversity of the rainforest on this 11-day Brazilian adventure! Imagine drifting down the Amazon on a fully-equipped riverboat, stopping to swim with pink dolphins or learn crafts from indigenous people who live along the riverbank. You and your friends—other passionate high schoolers from around the world—will have unparalleled access to lush rainforest wildlife, popular tourist sites, and knowledgeable guides. As you explore the rich cultural history of the Amazonas region, you’ll learn from locals who have been living in harmony with nature for generations.
- Explore the spectacular caves and breathtaking waterfalls of Terra de Cachoeiras, or “Land of Waterfalls.”
- Enjoy activities like trekking through the Amazon forest, fishing for piranhas (safe, and surprisingly easy!), and observing the alligators that emerge at night.
- Learn how to use the jungle’s natural resources to find food and prepare a meal.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from around the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resume.