Laying in the heart of Bulgaria, Stone and Compass is a 2000+ acres retreat founded in 2014 and has housed tourists from around the world. Many tourists come to Stone and Compass to learn about Bulgaria's rich heritage.
Spend two weeks in Bulgaria led by senior California State University, Dominguez Hills faculty at the "Stone and Compass" facility, a global education, ecotourism, and cultural retreat center in Stolat, Bulgaria. Students may take 1 to 2 courses for a letter grade or for Credit/No Credit. Courses include: Ancient Civilizations, Folklore, and Food and Culture. Students must have a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- ANT 100: Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- ANT 102: Ancient Civilizations
- ANT 341: Folklore
- ANT 495: Food and Culture
- GEO 495: Geodiversity & Sustainability in the Balkans
- BUS 495: Doing Business in Bulgaria
For more information, please visit our site.
- Get the chance to take part in a study abroad program in Bulgaria, led by senior Anthropology faculty from California State University at Dominguez Hills.
- Enroll in 1 or 2 courses earning university credits towards an area of your study or interest, including an Intro Course in Anthropology or an Upper Division Course on Food or Folklore.
- Apply credits towards your degree while learning about the world outside of the U.S.
- Discover the past and present of Bulgaria.
- Gain an insight into the country’s history and culture from a modern perspective.