The Middlebury program in Yaoundé offers cultural and linguistic immersion through a rigorous curriculum and adherence to the Middlebury Language Pledge. By pledging to speak only the target language while abroad, students will have the best chance of acquiring fluency and actively engaging in the local environment. Participants have the opportunity to study the Medumba language and other courses at the Middlebury center, and take some of their courses alongside local students at the Université Catholique d'Afrique Centrale. All students are encouraged to get involved in the community through internships or interactions within the clubs and activities available.
- All coursework is conducted in French
- Housing with local families
- Internships available in several fields
- Direct enrollment at the Université catholique d’Afrique centrale alongside courses at the Middlebury Center
- Cocurricular activities and a group excursion to other regions of Cameroon