Interested in developing a critical appreciation of Chilean society, history, and identity while immersing yourself in local culture? Valparaiso awaits!
Through direct enrollment at a two local universities, homestays with local families, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions, study abroad in Valparaiso allows you to pursue your academic interests, enhance your Spanish language skills, and gain unparalleled insight into contemporary Chile.
Study abroad in Chile and you will:
- Gain an understanding of Chile through CIEE courses that focus on Chilean heritage, identity, literature, art, and history
- Choose between studying at two top-ranked local Chilean schools: one, a historic and traditional university, the other a more contemporary, private university.
- Take advantage of community service and volunteer opportunities at local schools, shelters, and non-governmental organizations
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.