AIFS Study Abroad in Chile: Semester or Academic Year

Spend a semester or academic year in the charming, modern city of Vina del Mar, Chile. Earn up to 15 credits at the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (UAI), with courses in Spanish language, business, sociology, political science, film, literature, history and more.

Live in a homestay or shared apartment, with meals and internet included. Enjoy cultural and social activities such as museum visits, language exchange with Chilean students, and day trips to Isla Negra, Pomaire, Valparaiso and Santiago. AIFS offers an optional 4-day excursion to the exciting and cosmopolitan city of Pucon.

Viña, Chile’s premier beach resort, is considered the ideal home for college students as it offers the safety and charm of a smaller community with the modern facilities and exciting atmosphere of a city.

• Tour of Vina del Mar
  • UAI language exchange buddy program with Chilean students
  • Day trip to Isla Negra
  • Day trip to Santiago

Billy

My semester in Chile

Synonyms of amazing: awesome, marvelous, incredible, wonderful. As I'm typing this review, none of these words seem to justify my semester abroad in Viña Del Mar, Chile. From the moment I looked at the AIFS website, I felt a strong sense of care and compassion. It was more than just trying to get me to commit to their program-everyone from AIFS from my financial aid officer to my admissions officer, really cared about me and my goals. Everyone was kind, energetic and prompt, especially with questions and concerns. Before I left, AIFS provided very detailed departure information, even calling me the day before I left to answer any questions. When I arrived, I was immediately greeted by my Residence Director in Chile, who was so eager to show me around the city and introduce me to my host family. My host family genuinely represented all that is hospitality and love. I grew such a strong connection to my host family, more than I ever could of expected. My host mom cooked 3 meals a day every day, and we always ate together for dinner, really making me feel as though I was a part of their family. Even now, having been home for 5 months, I talk to my host mom on WhatsApp every day. AIFS had so much included within the price, including a weekend excursion to Púcon, a city in the south of Chile. My Residence Director, Valeria, was so knowledgeable about all of the processes in Chile, and everything I needed to do. She was also so socialable, and loved getting to know all of the students. AIFS also gave me the opportunity to meet so many Chilean students, by taking classes directly with Chilean students. The professors at the university were so knowledgeable, sharing their unique experiences of traveling and working abroad. Overall, I met my best friends from my AIFS program in Chile, who are from all over the country, but who I've seen 4 times since we've been back. AIFS gives students the tools to make long-lasting friendships, while gaining cultural competence and a deep understanding and respect for other cultures, all in a comfortable setting. I highly recommend any AIFS program, but especially Chile. Please email me [email protected] with any questions!

It's honestly not possible. The program is amazing. All of the staff are so supportive, and very willing to help in all ways.
Mollie

Viña del Mar is my place

I studied abroad my sophomore spring semester with AIFS in Viña del Mar, Chile. I chose this program because I liked all that was included, such as their excursions (wine tasting, museum visits, Santiago trip), the school I would be attending, and the homestay. It was all at a great price too which was the perfect combination. I had heard when I was choosing where to go that Chile had some of the hardest Spanish in the world, so if I could learn it there I could speak it anywhere. That was correct. Although I didn't learn as much because I hung out with the Americans a bit too often, it was such a good challenge. One of my favorite parts about the program was the advisor. He was so helpful, especially at the beginning during the transition. He set up conversation hours with local students, and most importantly set up a bi-weekly soccer match. We got to get some exercise and meet cool locals! I'm so satisfied with this trip and would absolutely recommend it. This was my first time ever leaving the country and AIFS took such good care of me. As for the location - try somewhere besides Europe! Vacation there down the line sometime, but if you want a serious cultural experience, South America will give that to you.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....