Spend a semester or academic year in Viña del Mar, Chile with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits per semester through a variety of courses while studying at the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez. Courses are taught in English and Spanish, with no previous Spanish language study required for most programs. You’ll live in a homestay with a local family. Homestay students will receive a single room and meals every day from their host family.
Learn about the local culture in Viña del Mar by volunteering in the community. Potential volunteer opportunities in Viña del Mar are in education, community service or health institutions in the surrounding area.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• Walking tours
• Museum visits
• Language exchange with Chilean students
• Day trips to Isla Negra, Pomaire, Wine Country, Valparaíso and Santiago.
An optional 4-day excursion to Pucón, with views of the Villarica Volcano, is also available.
- Day trip to Isla Negra
- Earn up to 16 credits with transcripts issued by the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez
- Day trip to Santiago
- Transportation pass and university shuttle service
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included every day in homestay