• China
    • Guilin
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter
Art History Asian American Studies Asian Studies Business Communications Cultural Studies East Asian Studies Education Global Studies History International Business International Relations Political Science Public Policy Religious Studies Sustainable Development Tourism +7

Program Details

Apartment Host Family
Chinese

Pricing

Included in Tuition:
Full enrollment at Guangxi Normal University (GXNU)
Housing Accommodations
Activities Airfare Meals Transportation
Nov 11, 2019
Oct 03, 2014
1 traveler is looking at this program

Study abroad with CLI while immersed within Guilin's beautiful cityscape and picturesque mountains. Officially affiliated with Guangxi Normal University (GXNU), CLI provides the premier intensive Mandarin program in China.

GXNU coursework is at the core of CLI's study abroad program with the option of taking one-on-one language instruction at CLI's 5-story language learning center. CLI directly issues GXNU transcripts for all coursework completed while abroad. Over 150 international universities have accepted GXNU transfer credit.

In addition to language courses, CLI offers weekly activities and monthly travel excursions, including cooking classes, game nights, tours of Guilin and much more. CLI warmly welcomes you to learn Mandarin Chinese in China!

Program Highlights

• Experience firsthand one of the most beautiful cities on earth — Guilin!
  • Sip tea with monks
  • Soak in sunsets atop magical karst mountains
  • Chow down on Guilin's delicious local treats mifen and baozi
  • Emerge with meaningful experiences and a fresh perspective

TheNHLisBack730

CLI Changes How You Experience China

The CLI staff are so hands-on and so involved in your studies that you feel comfortable approaching them with questions or concerns whenever they arise. I was thinking in Chinese by the end of my time with CLI and I really think that's the goal. As soon as you begin to think in the language you are learning, that's when you realize you've made a great deal of progress.

I think the most valuable part of my lessons was when I learned new vocabulary that I could instantly apply in daily life. I'd like to see some updated vocabulary lists in the textbooks.
CLI

Fantastic Language-Learning Environment

I was very impressed with CLI from beginning to end. They guide you through the entire process and make it all very simple. Whether you are a veteran traveler or new to the whole concept of international exploration, CLI will have you covered. In terms of language training, I think CLI has nearly perfected the process. They provide one-on-one training with native speakers, many of whom have years of experience. Each instructor then tailors the process in adapting to the unique needs of each student. I learned more studying three weeks at CLI than I did in an entire semester at university. I could not recommend them more.

Better wi-fi.