To understand China as a whole, a student must go beyond the modern and highly developed cities of Beijing and Shanghai and visit cities in the heart of China's vast interior, like Kunming. Here, during weekdays, all students will participate in language classes. During afternoons, students will participate in one of the activities like volunteer service learning in local non-profit organizations, internships, language exchange or one-one tutorial sessions.
While during weekends, students will spend many days exploring Yunnan, Lonely Planet's top choice in the country. They will visit ancient towns of historic and cultural importance within Yunnan. Students will see many locations in Yunnan; to the ancient walled city of Dali, Lijiang, a UNESCO World Heritage, Tiger Leaping Gorge, a magnificent canyon on the Jinsha and Western Hills, a sacred Daoist mountains.
View Program Information
Items Included in the Program Price
- Morning class or facilitated language exchange normally involving two to four students
- Afternoon activities, either volunteer placement or language exchange
- Weekend academic excursions listed in the program including admission tickets to all sites
- Accommodations in spacious modern apartments
- All meals during the days of the program (except on weekends)
- A cell phone, SIM card, and a small initial credit for in-country calling
- All domestic airfare and ground transportation to sites listed in the itinerary
- Unlimited public transport (via buses) for all program activities while in Kunming
- Detailed in-country orientation within the first few days of arrival
- 24/7 staff support throughout the program