Go Abroad China | Study at Top Universities and Learn Chinese

By Go Abroad China   Reviews (42)   91% Rating

The GAC Learn Chinese in China program is designed to help you improve your Chinese proficiency and cross-cultural competency through coursework and Chinese culture interaction and engagement. We offer 1-3 months Chinese Language Programs to improve/develop your Chinese language skills and obtain Credits. Classes are conducted by the top rated Chinese universities such as BLCU, Peking University, Shanghai Jiao Tong etc. Each week students participate in 20 hours of classes including excursions and one-on-one language studies or study Chinese at GAC’s partner universities.

With the purpose to engage students in real-life situations, all of the students will live with the Chinese host family and the professional instructors really help advance the learning process in and outside the classroom through a variety of learning methods.

Learning Chinese in China will provide:
  • Support from Chinese language tutors and Chinese language instructors at all language-learning levels.
  • A variety of courses to choose from: intensive Chinese course training in GAC top universities, small group and one-on-one tutoring.
  • An understanding of real China through a language immersion and an internship in China. This provides an opportunity to gain professional working experience within Chinese companies.
Asia › China › Shanghai
Maymester
Winter
Cost
*Accommodation
*International Insurance
*Transportation: Airport pickup, To and from activities
*Welcome Pack: Includes local mobile phone and orientation materials
*Orientation: Local orientation materials including city map, emergency card,taxi card, and welcome dinner
*24-Hour Assistance: Should any problems arise at any time during the program, GAC staff members will be available on call at anytime day or night
*Included: Pre-departure Support;

Lea
Boston College

Learn Chinese Program in Shanghai

Overall

My name is Lea, come from US . I have studied in Boston College for my Bachelar degree . As love Chinese very much ,so 1 gaps year to study in Shanghai . School was at an appropriate pace and the content of what we learnt could be applied to daily situations which was effective for practising Mandarin.
The accommodation and family were lovely, very accommodating and helped out a lot when I had a problem. And it is also a convenient location.
Generally, my program and life in Shanghai are excellent.
GAC servie tean is really helpfull , I will miss you all .

Ollie
Newcastle

Shanghai Jiaotong University

Overall

It was a while back when I was in Shanghai studying Chinese at Jiaotong University for the summer. My program provider was Go Abroad China who were quite accommodating because I would only be in Shanghai for two months and they literally handled everything for me: the most important which was organising my study visa, my flat in Shanghai, which I shared with 2 other flatmates and showing me which bus to take to school. Thankfully I didn't live too far away from campus and didn't even need to change bus lines or any of that. Otherwise it would have been quite a hassle to learn the different buses.
Now about my Chinese classes: I barely spoke Chinese when I first arrived in Shanghai, and my class, imagine 20 young people coming from different countries learning Mandarin from Monday to Friday - for me it was full time school in the summer! Life in Shanghai was amazing and crazy! I had so much fun living there, getting close to my flatmates and other classmates. A couple of times I also hit it up with the rest of the people in the Go Abroad China group.
I came to China as a total beginner in Chinese language, by the time I left after 2 months I could manage approximately 200 characters!

Youri

learning Chinese in Shanghai

Overall

I spent two months studying in Shanghai, it was great, sometimes tough, other times fun! I had classes Monday to Friday meaning that every week I had 20 hours of Chinese with a taichi lesson once a week usually in the afternoon. Of all the things I learnt, taichi class was always my favourite one, until I found out we would have a test and it would be graded. Surprisingly I actually didn't do bad in that test, but i also suspect my teacher was a bit lenient.

Anyway let me talk about the important classes then:
I had grammar class every morning, some days it would be followed by speaking/oral class, other days it would be reading & writing...there was a whole timetable. I must admit that my different teachers (I had 3) were generally great but like any other will not be happy with unfinished assignments or slacking in class.

I know everyone probably always says this after coming to China, but my Chinese really did improve significantly.

Fun: living in Shanghai was really great for me, I hung out with my classmates, went to the dinner organised by GAC and visited some nice spots courtesy of our guide from GAC. She was the one I always called if I needed some help with Chinese or something went wrong in the apartment etc.

Rebecca

studying at BLCU

Overall

I had a great experience with GAC and BLCU. Before coming to China I couldn't speak Mandarin at all and had in mind that it was the most difficult language ever. Now, I can have small daily conversations with Chinese people and I am so proud of myself! Those 2 months in Beijing were very interesting because I got to live with a Chinese family and experienced the real Chinese life! The family that I was living with was very comprehensive and would let me go out with my friends without any problem. The father and also the kid could speak good English. The whole family was adorable. They once invited me for a weekend to Xian. I really felt like I was part of the family and that is why I will certainly keep in touch with them!

Jack

Learning Chinese at Fudan University

Overall

I went to study in Fudan University in Shanghai for a month during the summer time. Going to China and studying there was part of my course requirements, there was a list of universities that my school already recommended and Fudan was one of them.

I checked out Go Abroad China's website a lot and finally decided to contact them to arrange everything. Everything went smoothly, I applied, got registered at Fudan University and lived in a shared apartment in Shanghai. Unfortunately I couldn't live i campus, so I had to take the metro everyday to school. I joined one of the beginner classes there and I personally noticed a lot of improvement at the end of my course.

At the end, there was an exam that tested grammar, listening, oral and I passed - I had to pass - to get all the credit points that I needed back at my university. Actually one of the reasons that I went with Go Abroad China was actually being able to get credit transfer.

As for fun city life in Shanghai? It's a normal modern city just with millions of people. There was lots to do, but I was there for such a short time that I couldn't really get into the social life.

I had a fairly good experience, so I'm satisfied.
Julia
Texas
Texas College

Learning Chinese

Overall

I actually stayed in Beijing for a really short time, just a month learning Chinese with a private tutor during the summer holidays. Learning Chinese was fun! My teacher did lessons on meeting new people, food, getting directions and stuff like that. I was a beginner and was clueless about Chinese but after that I made a decision to actually continue learning Chinese. To me, China was so interesting because it was my first time there; I learned to buy fruits and their Chinese names with my teacher out on the street; I rented a bike and we biked to a nearby park, sometimes my class would be held there or she would come to my homestay place. It was good having my own teacher, especially being taught the foundation for Chinese language which is very important. Go Abroad China was helpful in arranging the private classes for me; I hope that maybe in the future again I will be back.

Wendy
Vancouver
University of British Columbia

Going to Nanjing University

Overall

I specifically wanted to go to Nanjing University because I already had knowledge about Nanjing and my parents also wanted me to go there, so I actually chose GAC when I saw that they had a program in Nanjing. At Nanjing University, I was placed in an intermediate class because I had studied some Chinese before. I had to take a test in the beginning to find out which level would be good for me. I think when you get to the intermediate level the intensity increases from how beginners are taught. I found that I had to do a lot of revision as assignment, if you don’t review its really easy to fall back in class. But I enjoy learning Chinese and my fluency has definitely increased even though I think the characters get harder and harder to write from memory, but anyway smartphones can write in Chinese so it’s an easy reminder! For me the thing I really had to spend extra time on was word usage, I think in Chinese it has some very specific rules and patterns that you have to really remember. GAC was helpful with the preparation of coming to China and helping me enroll at Nanjing.

Hallie
USA

Going to China to learn Chinese

Overall

My experience learning Chinese? Well I got my foundation from a couple of Mandarin classes per week at university, but as part of my course I found myself needing to go to China to really focus on the language.

I ended up enrolling at the Beijing Language and Culture University, which I later learned that it is one of the best at teaching Chinese language in China. I applied through Go Abroad China; during the planning stages with them, I was drawn to the fact that they would arrange for me to get picked up from the airport, my accommodation would be prepared by them and the whole application process into BLCU was easier with someone there helping me.

I was nervous about studying away from my usual environment, BLCU had its fun times and its tough moments. The class sizes were relatively small, my classmates all foreigners there to study Chinese. I was definitely in one of the beginner classes, but I learned that they arrange different classes depending on your Chinese level. First thing that definitely stood out to me was going to class every day for around 4 -6 hours to learn Chinese, I mean back home it would be half of that per week! Now I’m not a great student but I have always managed to do what is required. At BLCU, my workload definitely increased from what I was used to, but textbooks is nothing to worry about as they will be given to you at school. I will admit that after a while I got my rhythm and started enjoying my classes. I absolutely had fun with my classmates especially with the speaking lessons, as for writing characters, it was tricky to begin with but as my teacher had shared with us, there are all sorts of tricks to use to remember them!

The environment at BLCU: I thoroughly enjoyed it. The campus is not overly large but you get to meet so many people from different countries, (occasionally a few in the same situation as I, having gone through Go Abroad China) prepare to learn about countries you have never even heard of! But seriously, I noticed a big improvement in my spoken Chinese level after a few weeks, probably from all those practice conversations we did in class almost everyday. In that sense I am really happy, my teacher was always really nice to us and made class enjoyable. If I had another chance to return to China I would definitely be back.

Yes, maybe they can more clear about providing scholarships.
Estelle
Australia

My Amazing Chinese Class!!

Overall

I learned Chinese when i was a kid, and to be honest i really like this pretty difficult language. Then when i started my university, i think maybe i can go abroad and try to learn this amazing language.Then i started search go abroad learn Chinese,and i found out Go Abroad China.They are really good.

Brett
Austrilia
Victoria University

Enjoy My international Education in China

Overall

I had a really good time in China and i was supprised at how much i learnt. The people were also really friendly and i managed to make some really good friends who i am planning to stay in touch with. The accomodation was great. The house was lovely and located in a nice area which was only 5 minutes from the underground. The rooms were cosy and clean. My hosts were very friendly and helpfu, who made me feel welcome and provided good dinners. I would like to say thank you Go Abroad China. Thanks for finding such a good host family for me.
Besides, my school teacher were entertaining and yet very efficient. The teachers were very good as was the course's content. I learned a lot and i would certainly recommend this course to my friends.

Chaimae
Morocco

A remarkable time in China

Overall

Well, finally I was standing at one of the top universities in the world—Peking university. It felt like a dream. At the first day of my study, the course was all I expected and so much more. The teachers were professional, but at the same time, you could have a laugh with them! The course material was at exactly the right level for me, bridging the gap between A Level and degree level, which I was very happy with, and we covered some interesting topics. Although my Chinese is not such good and I made lots of mistakes, my teacher was very patient with me and all the teachers and staff were very friendly. They makes me felt confident to learn Chinese well and it turns out I did doing very well now.
I stayed with a local lady and her young daughter, which is near to my university. The location was amazing and it is convenient to buy everything you need. In fact, the first pictures I took were on my balcony: there are lots of flowers planted by the lady. All in all, the accommodation was comfortable.
Besides, the friends I made in China have impacted upon me so much, and I now have holiday homes in 10 other countries! I cannot recommend Go Abroad China enough, and China as a destination as well. If you want to go, go!

Clarisse
France

Memorable Study Experience

Overall

It was very well done, everything went smoothly, even out of my expectation.
First, speaking of the support from, I had nothing to say, every step is perfect from the beginning to the moment that I had to leave China. Go Abroad China placed me in a good family. The accommodation was very fitting for me, I am glad I was placed with real Chinese people. They cooked wonderfully and were always concerned about my well being, such nice family. And speaking of my study university, I like it very much. I found it interesting how successful the teachers were at teaching to each student in China without having to translate into one's mother tongue. Also teachers were lovely and really understanding, seemed to enjoy what they were teaching and I feel like I learnt loads in a short time. Thanks again to the teachers! I am going to recommend my friends to use Go Abroad China for study abroad.

michael
Dutch
Hogeschool van Amsterdam

My Study Abroad Experience

Overall

It was a great experience. I am really satisfied with my study university—Beijing Language and Culture University. Not to mention the study environment, the class group was small enough in order to be productive. The teacher used modern and efficient methods of learning. The school also has a good reputation for teaching Chinese to foreigners. Besides, I was arranged in an excellent host family. I lived in a large rooms and the Chinese food is quite good. Oh, don’t forget the after class activities which helped me make a lot of Chinese friends.
Anyway, all of these are credited to Go Abroad China. They did a lot of favor to me. I really would like to thank for them.

Erik
dutch

Best Way to Study a Foreign Language--Total Immersion

Overall

I had never imagined my dream may come true one day. Going to China to study Chinese was a goal of mine since I was about 7 when I saw it in a movie. And now my wish is realized. Before my travelling, I did a lot of research and then Go Abroad China came to my final decision. After I contact them, they made the research, preparation, transition, and experience abroad easy and smooth. They provided all of the necessary details and logistics of going to a different country, as well as a great network of support all throughout the process. I was especially happy with the transition that Go Abroad China provided.
After arriving at one of the fastest developing country, I was really excited to see the beauty of the country. Before the registration, Go Abroad China team provided information about my study university. I really appreciate their help.
Anyway I had a very wonderful life in China. This experience makes me know better of Chinese culture and my Chinese speaking is improved significantly. Thus I created a short video of my adventures in China, which will give me forever memory I ever had.

Eleonora
USA
Yale University

My first abroad travelling --learn Chinese in China

Overall

I am a skeptical guy. Before my travelling, I did a lot of research and finally I decided to study Chinese with Go Abroad China. The experience exceeded my expectation.
After arriving at the airport, I was warmly welcomed by Go Abroad China coordinator Miss Zoe. She accompanied me to my host family. All of the family members are very friendly to me.
After two days of rest, Go Abroad China picked me up at my host family and together we go to my study school-Beijing Language and Culture University which is really a great university. After two month of studying, I was developing important social skills and learning about the Chinese culture. I'm very impressed with the school and how I have thrived there in just one year. For anyone looking into Chinese immersion in China, Go Abroad China should be seriously considered.

Brandon
Italy
City University of Seattle

My First Trip Abroad ---Study in Beijing

Overall

It was already a great start when Miss Zoe from Go Abroad China picked me up at the airport and took me around Beijing the whole day. It's good to know that you can count on somebody like her, no matter what problem you have.
Also the quality of teaching in BLCU is so much higher than what I experienced. Although I was a difficult student asking a lot of questions the teacher never lost his patience. Though a pure beginner after only two weeks I was able to write read and understand simple sentences using Chinese characters. This was so unbelievable as few days before these were just pictures to me. And the campus living conditions are great, they provide everything i need. It's great to live together with the other local students and share experiences.
During weekend, Go Abroad China team provide tourist information service fluent in English. It is great to travel and explore Beijing with other foreigners.
In general my experience was more than awesome. It was a very nice experience for me, Go Abroad China staff are very friendly and helpful people. I would like to say thank you for them

Omar
Durham University

The Best Chinese Immersion Program

Overall

I really enjoyed the time I went to Shanghai, China with Go Abroad China. The teachers are highly motivated, helpful and good at activating the students when in class. Classes are kept small so you get to practice speaking the language a lot.
Besides, the Go Abroad China Team is so helpful and warmhearted. They arranged so many fun activities during my spare time. I would strongly advise future students to make the most of their trip and be open-minded. I was able to take part in some activities arranged by Go Abroad China. We explored places I thought I never would have been able to visit. The excursions allowed me to discover new perspectives and how people from different cities can differ so much. Studying abroad is all about new experiences and trying new things. Although it may be tempting and easier to stay with the same people and find activities similar to those in my home country, it is more enlightening and exciting to completely immerse yourself in another culture. Discover how another country functions and learn their history.
For me, it met and exceeded my expectations, I can't really say how I have improved in my Chinese language and culture, I've got nothing to compare it to, I've never had an experience like this before!

casperkranenbrog
New York
American College

My Best Mandarin Study Experience with Go Aborad China in Beijing

Overall

From the beginning, there was always someone named Zoe there to answer any questions my parents or I had. They never made us feel like we were asking too many questions or the wrong questions which was very important to me. Even at my study abroad fair at my home campus the representative Miss Ada was very helpful and helped me choose the best school for me. The whole staff always went above and beyond anything that I expected. They made the experience a much more personal one which I think is important.
The orientation in Beijing was awesome! The Go Abroad China staff was so friendly and helpful while we were there and there were always fun things planned each day, not to mention the amazing hotel we stayed in!. I definitely recommend going on it because you get much closer with a smaller group of people. I became really good friends with people that went to all different schools around China which was fun because we would have them visit us or we would visit them throughout the semester.
The housing was amazing in Guomao! It was a block away from the university, and close to all the stores, bars, and restaurants. I definitely recommend Go Abroad China and I am so happy I decided to go with this program. It really made my study abroad experience a smooth and enjoyable one. I already wish I could go back!

Omodola
Bulgarian

Chinese study in Shanghai Fudan University

Overall

Studying abroad in China has changed the course of my life. I can confidently say that my study abroad experience through the Go Abroad China was the best decision I have ever made. While exploring abroad options, I initially thought China would be an unrealistic choice for me. However, after talking to people who studied abroad in the past, I knew I had to experience this for myself. The Go Abroad China made my transition to China extremely painless. Whether it be housing or credit transfers and financial questions, the Go Abroad China staff made sure to help me through every step of the way. I never felt alone or overwhelmed, and I believe it was through their guidance and support that I was able to have the most amazing semester of my life.
From the moment they pick you up at the airport to the moment they drop you off for your flight home, you can rest assured that they will be there for you. After the fact, it is truly hard to put into words how much 4 months can change your life. Having never branched away from my friends before, I made the rash decision to go alone to China. To this day, we all cherish the memories we made on the pre-semester trip, as it was our first time meeting one another. Throughout the remaining four months the countries I visited and the places I saw was absolutely incredible. The teachers in Shanghai Fudan University were lovely. The program attacked reading and speaking simultaneously and gave me a rounded experience and understanding. The intensive Chinese program is a great way to learn Chinese and get an understanding of the fundamental structure of the language. Whether it be local famous scenic spots, or activities held by Go Abroad China team or my Chinese friends, each day was better than the next. If you are thinking of studying abroad this experience is BEYOND COMPARABLE. No matter the obstacle, Go Abroad China staff will help you along the way and I promise you will have the most incredible four months of your life!

Elke
Netherlands

One-one tutoring Chinese study with Go Abroad China

Overall

Actually, going abroad was a last second decision for me but right off of the bat, Go Abroad China was there helping me along. Go Abroad China was extremely helpful throughout my whole process. With only a few days left before application deadlines, they quickly provided me with all of the information I needed to be sure that this was the right trip for me. And I could not have been more correct in my decision. On the day of my arrival, Go Abroad China offered to pick up from the airport, take me to my host family. Their accommodations to make sure you were settled in were useful for me. After they gave me a tour of the national museum, they took me to my host family. My host family's house was very well kept, clean, and most of all welcoming. My entire host family was happy to have me there and encouraged me to fully immerse myself in the culture. They tried to make my meals according to what I prefer, something not easily done in a common household in my home town.
Besides, while we were studying at our respective schools we had a resident director that stayed in close contact with us the whole time. This was very nice because whenever we had a question or something, we knew we could always go to him/her. My resident director would set up fun things for us to do together every couple of weeks, which was nice.
At the weekend I had the opportunity to complete the famous “The Bund” trip, which, although involving a little far away from where I lived, was definitely one of the best parts of my time in Shanghai. At the second weekend, when we actually made it to the West Lake, Go Abroad China blew all expectations out of the water when we arrived at our "housing". By housing I mean a classy hotel with full sized kitchens, flat screen televisions, maid service, a full sized indoor pool, an outdoor pool, and a gym. My particular room was located on the 24th floor with a balcony that overlooked the Lake. This provided for an awesome way to wind down the day and watch some of the most incredible sunsets you've ever seen.
With so many different activities planned including touring around the city and a boat ride around the harbor, it really created the perfect environment to bond with the other people on trip and get a feel for the country's city culture.
I could not have been happier with my study abroad experience. Go Abroad China has helped in everything we have done. From the time we landed in Shanghai till the farewell dinner, we had help all the way. Wow, I began to miss Shanghai again.

Moyo
New York University

Group Study in Shanghai With Go Abroad China

Overall

I decided to travel to Shanghai with Go Abroad China for a two week High School Special program after studying Mandarin for a year at school. I felt that it would be a wonderful experience that would broaden my cultural horizons. My time in Shanghai was everything I imagined and more! I arrived nervous, for it was my first time traveling without friends or family who would share in my experience; however, the great Go Abroad China staff really worked to ease my concerns. Upon arrival, I was immediately greeted by an employee and introduced to other students who would be working with me. I was then brought to my home stay, where I was greeted by my cheerful host family, who taught me about traditional Chinese holidays and about everyday life in Shanghai throughout my time with them.
During the first week in Shanghai, our mornings were spent at the Group Study Mandarin Club, where we took lessons in language and culture. Although I already spoke some Mandarin, our teacher taught us about the local dialect, which made me even more comfortable speaking in the city. I was also very interested during the lessons about the daily, traditional, and business components of the Chinese culture. After our morning lesson and lunch at a local restaurant, we went to different types of businesses throughout the city. Throughout the trip, we worked on a presentation for China Linguist, one of the city’s major linguistic companies, which we presented towards the conclusion of the trip. We also visited multiple law firms to learn about the Chinese legal system the differences between western and eastern law.
My free time was filled with visiting local attractions and restaurants. We went to a traditional Chinese Opera show and ate at a hot pot restaurant. My host family took me to their hometown of Leshan to see pandas and the Leshan Giant Buddha. I was able to really immerse myself within the Chinese culture during my free time.
Prior to my arrival, I was uncertain of what to expect from the local food; however, I quickly came to realize, through the urging of both my host family and staff members, that trying the unfamiliar dishes would lead to me finding new favorite dishes. Shanghai food, famous for its special taste, is quite unique, and whenever I find myself missing Shanghai, I go out to eat some.
Overall, my experience with Go Abroad China was phenomenal! The staff really helped to make my experience memorable through working to ease all of my concerns, creating interesting daily agendas filled with both cultural and business-related education, and making me feel at home while I was thousands of miles away.

Angel
Bulgarian

My Chinese Study Experience

Wow, where to start?
Going to China was a goal of mine since I was about 7 when I saw it in a movie, and at the age of 21, I was able to spend an amazing one year studying and exploring there. I created a short video of the beginning of my adventures in China, which will give me forever memory I ever had.
The Go Abroad China made the research, preparation, transition, and experience abroad easy and smooth. They provided all of the necessary details and logistics of going to a different country, as well as a great network of support all throughout the process. I was especially happy with the transition that Go Abroad China provided. I like to say that they provided three opportunities of transitions prior to beginning my new life:
1.) Getting to know each other
2.) Getting to know your host country
3.) Getting to know your university.
If all of these steps had occurred at once, I feel that I would have been very overwhelmed. But Go Abroad China offered the opportunity to make the transition slowly and have an amazing time learning and exploring all throughout the process.
China is the place that I have begun to call my home, where my friends have become family, and my dreams a reality. When we fully EXPERIENCE the world and the wonders it has to offer, we CONNECT with who we are, and DISCOVER who we can be. Throughout the whole process of studying in Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Go Abroad China was amazing. From the beginning, they answered every single little question I had and made the entire process simple from financial aid to housing to the abroad university I picked, they were there every step of the way. I strongly recommend Go Abroad China to anyone who is thinking about studying abroad! Each of them went above and beyond of what I expected and made our time abroad just like home. Going with Go Abroad China was one of the best decisions I have made during my college career!

Best Service Best Experience
Michelle
Austrailia

Study Chinese in Shanghai

Overall

At first, traveling to the other side of the world seemed crazy to me. Getting on a plane for hours to China and immersing myself into a culture for one year was something that I was not comfortable with. With the help of Go Abroad China, it made my transition from Australia to China not only a smooth one, but an extremely enjoyable one as well. From the beginning Go Abroad China kept me organized from what I should expect and pre departure materials that were necessary for my success with my transition. They always had a timely response to my questions.
Once I got to the airport and was ready to take off I was accompanied by others in the program as well. This helped with the transition as we talked over our worries and excitements and realized we were all in the same boat. Once we got to China, staff members of Go Abroad China were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Traveling to the Xihu was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I was eager to get my semester abroad in China underway. I came to Shanghai with absolutely no understanding of Chinese culture, customs or language. The staff of Go Abroad China were so friendly and helpful, they made it very easy for me understand the Chinese. It was a fantastic experience and I'd definitely keep it in memory for my whole life. With the help of Go Abroad China they made the best semester of my life possible.

It was an amazing experience to study in China with Go Abroad China
kyrrawhite
Berkeley
American Public University

The best Chinese study program in china with Go Abroad China

Overall

Ever since I participated in an exploratory Mandarin Chinese course in Grade 11, I had always craved the ideal opportunity to immerse myself in Chinese culture. As my university required an internship component as a graduation requirement, it seemed only reasonable to set my eyes on China as an internship destination. Only one concern remained. How would such an ambition become feasible? Luckily, there is Go Abroad China (GAC), a non-profit organization dedicated in equipping young adventurous interns in China with the expectation that they succeed and emerge as global leaders.
Naturally, the core of the internship program revolves around endeavors at the workplace. Assuming that the companies operate Anglophone environments, exposure to Chinese culture on a daily basis appears to be missing. Thanks to GAC, embedding elements of a culture pertaining to one-sixth of the world's population everyday became a reality that left me as a well-rounded and open-minded leader prepared for future challenges involving China's emergence as a world superpower.
If learning the Chinese language and customs is to occur regularly, then focusing in on the accommodation remains imperative. GAC abounds with options that enable participants to live with Chinese of all lifestyles. In my case, I managed to live with single roommates working full time, a wealthy family in Beijing's northern suburbs, and a host mother who worked professionally as a doctor. Irrespective of social status, all appreciated my effort to learn Mandarin, and they introduced me to a wide array of Beijing specialties to satisfy my appetite for Chinese cuisine. Such a set-up proved worthwhile in helping me integrate into Chinese society.
Additionally, GAC provided supplementary help in learning Mandarin my assigning me a tutor. We would meet regularly in a cafe in order to maximize the language-learning environment since I could order food in Chinese at the same time. If the student's expectations do not directly correspond to those proposed by the tutor, GAC offers flexibility in which changing a tutor would not be problematic.
Assuming that the participant takes Mandarin, resides with a Chinese-speaking host family, and has exposure to the cuisine, everything would seem to be in order. What else could still be missing? GAC fills in the last missing puzzle piece by inviting students to take part at numerous excursions and cultural workshops offered on a weekly basis. Whether it be climbing at the Ming Wall, or learning the ins and outs of a Chinese massage, participants will enthusiastically choose cultural electives that cover an extensive realm of preferences. Those passionate about history and gardening will enjoy the Summer Palace, while those who are more action-oriented will enjoy Tai Chi.
Without GAC, interns would abound with confusion in a part of the world that may initially seem unfamiliar to them. Nevertheless, the help of such a reliable agency around the clock engages participants in an adventure that they will treasure for a lifetime. Remember, whatever a student puts into the experience is what he or she takes out of it, and those who take advantage of GAC will find a very rewarding experience that will remain indented in their memories beyond their stay in China.

Kyrra
America

The Best Experience of My Life

Overall

Go Abroad China's on-site staff was incredible! They had the perfect balance with staying in touch with students, as they were neither too over-bearing, nor impossible to contact. If needed, the staff was a simple text or phone call away. Other than that, they met up with us monthly to see how we were doing and discuss our trips, classes, and plans for the remainder of our time. Although they did give us our freedom in the country, they were always looking out for us; a perfect example, I cut my finger while I showed my host family how to cooke the Pasta and was taken to a Chinese clinic, so luckily that they speak perfect English and looked after while I got stitches. The Go Abroad China program was very well organized, staff was friendly and helpful and I have participated in the wide range of activities. The Go Abroad China crew continued to accompany me to check-ups for the remainder of the trip. I have mostly enjoyed the making the Chinese dumplings class and visit to the Great Wall. I studied at Beijing Language and Culture University for 1 semester; our Chinese teachers are very experienced in teaching international students. Their friendly approach to the students made me want to learn Chinese even more. I was pleasantly surprised how friendly Chinese people are and felt really safe during my stay.

Social & Cultural Integration:
I felt extremely integrated with the local culture.

Safety: I felt completely safe walking around in Beijing, day-or-night. Obviously, any place can be dangerous, so my advice to future students studying in any city in any country, would be to don't make poor decisions and use your intuition.

The best program and service.
Amelia

Internship Program

Overall

This internship was one of the best work experience I have had so far. Not only I could directly experience Chinese culture, but also I can now add something valuable on my career background.

Thanks to GAC support I had all I need to face daily life here. They provided me with everything I needed, besides some useful suggestions about China and the local habits.

Cherry
Franch

Best way to study chinese

Overall

GRC help me to have a contact with the biggest cultural country – china .The different cultures of the countries are always different. when I get to china my eye always keep opening and can learn many new things which different from my usual. I think that this program offers the BEST possible environment to learn in. china and GRC give me the best way to study Chinese. I have made many new friends in china and become friends with all of your professors, and I am learning about the history and cultural of china every day. I feel very thankful to GRC.

Hatty
ENGLAND
Alabama A&M University

The best way to study chinese

Overall

Go abroad china is committed to creating exciting opportunities for me when I go abroad china and also help me to gain much work experience and develop our Chinese language skills in China. With GRC help I have gotten much work experience and have traveled many interesting places .GRC offers fully customizable Internship, Volunteer and Study in China Programs to fit all my requirements and make my trip to China unforgettable. As a foreign student, I am very appreciate GRC can provide this precious chance to come china for me.

John
Brussels, Belgium

The Best Experience

Overall

I have been to China before to study the language, but this study experience was unique because I got to stay with a host family, which really allowed me to immerse myself in the culture and the language. This was very useful. My host family was very nice and I credit GAC for finding a family that really fit my needs. I'm convinced that their screening process for selecting suitable host families is effective. The whole stay was very pleasant and I knew I could contact GAC whenever I wanted in case I had a problem or needed help with something.

The staffs of GAC were very welcoming and polite. The GAC assistant that picked me up at the airport when I arrived very early in the morning had to wait several hours, and he was always friendly and helpful. The staff also organized a welcome dinner for another participant and me in a beautiful restaurant, which was a nice, welcoming touch.

This experience has allowed me to improve my Chinese language skills further, gain more confidence in my ability and learn about real contemporary Chinese culture. Furthermore, I have made friends with my host family and it is nice to have some contacts in China.

PICH
Montclair State University

with GAC, in BEIJING

Overall

I had the Chinese course organized by GAC few months ago. It was a great time. I couldn't speak even a single word of Chinese when I first came, but GAC helped me a lot about Chinese class and everything else. They are really friendly. They also showed me how professional they are, and made me feel much better, not that scary as I was afraid.

paul

Really Great Experience..

Overall

I attended the class at BLCU. It was the intensive class so I had to study 6 hours a day. In the beginning I thought it was gonna be boring, but it wasn't!! My teachers and classmates were really nice and friendly.
I also joined some activities organized by GAC. It was really fun as well.

Tyson
Canada

My classes at BLCU were pretty good.

Overall

I came to Beijing through for a month to study at BLCU. GAC has been very helpful. They've done a lot for me - they picked me up at the airport, they've provided me with a phone, showed me around and they have taken me to lots of historic sites in Beijing, which has been really nice. My classes at BLCU were pretty good. They were a little harder than I was expecting, and it was confusing sometimes because the teachers weren't always clear GAC was here to help me, and I also figured it out on my own. It was really nice to have them show me around Beijing. It was really helpful. Overall, I really enjoyed my time in Beijing with GAC.

Timothy

Being in China with GAC

Overall

Doing Business with China for an American Company, I became aware how important the Chinese language and culture is. GAC's well-presented web-page allowed me a first overview of all the possibilities studying in China. My excellent impression on GAC was confirmed by professional and competent staff, giving me all necessary information and help. Being in China with GAC is like being in a big family.

Christopher
Virginia Commonwealth University

Studying Chinese

Overall

Go Abroad China (GAC) always provides the sensation of security for its participants. There is always someone to turn the moment you need something in China. GAC allows participants to be selective in their accommodation options and it is thanks to this organization that I immersed myself into Chinese culture and rapidly benefited from improving my Mandarin with both roommates and families. The diverse background of the GAC participants additionally helped me improve communication skills as well as teamwork on complicated assignments. On the weekends, making friends through GAC proved to be rewarding as we bonded so much during the excursions and interactive activities like massaging, and cooking hotpot. These are skills that open up the challenging but worthwhile experiences in the real world that studying at a university cannot accommodate.

GAC provided supplementary help in learning Mandarin my assigning me a tutor. We would meet regularly in a café in order to maximize the language-learning environment since I could order food in Chinese at the same time. If the student’s expectations do not directly correspond to those proposed by the tutor, GAC offers flexibility in which changing a tutor would not be problematic.

Assuming that the participant takes Mandarin, resides with a Chinese-speaking host family, and has exposure to the cuisine,everything would seem to be in order. What else could still be missing? GAC fills in the last missing puzzle piece by inviting students to take part at numerous excursions and cultural workshops offered on a weekly basis. Whether it be climbing at the Ming Wall, or learning the ins and outs of a Chinese massage, participants will enthusiastically choose cultural electives that cover an extensive realm of preferences. Those passionate about history and gardening will enjoy the Summer Palace, while those who are more action-oriented will enjoy Tai Chi.

Without GAC, interns would abound with confusion in a part of the world that may initially seem unfamiliar to them. Nevertheless, the help of such a reliable agency around the clock engages participants in an adventure that they will treasure for a lifetime. Remember,whatever a student puts into the experience is what he or she takes out of it,and those who take advantage of GAC will find a very rewarding experience that will remain indented in their memories beyond their stay in China.

Brett
Shang hai, China

The best way to learn Chinese

Overall

Learn Chinese with a small group is a very unique experience. First, it allows you to learn what a culture is like firsthand from the Chinese roommate you are living with. Not only will you learn a new language, but you will also learn about the culture that surrounds that language and the people who actually live in that culture. You will have new experiences, you'll learn about new foods, and you'll learn just what it means to be Chinese.

You also grow as a person. You'll grow into new traits like tolerance and patience. You'll learn to open your mind to new perspectives and new ideas. You'll learn to think in the way that your Chinese roommate thinks and in the same way that people that live in that culture think so you'll be able to better understand where they're coming from and why they think the way that they think.

This experience not only allows you to learn, but it also allows your Chinese roommate to learn a little bit more about you and the culture you come from. It provides you a unique opportunity to dispel some of the myths and negative ideas that they might have towards you, and it also allows you to share the wonderful things about your culture with your family as well. Living with a Chinese roommate is secretly one of the best experiences that you can have. Not only to learn a new language, but also to learn more about yourself and about the people you will interact with. When you come to Go Abroad China, you will find the experience a thoroughly enjoyable one and also a fantastic one.

bacum
Beijing, China
College of Mount Saint Joseph

Go Abroad China Learn Chinese program

Overall

I thoroughly enjoy the times I spend in China due mainly to Go Abroad China Learn Chinese program and I would recommend this process to anyone.
Learn Chinese with One on One tutor is the best path to improving one's Chinese. When you learn Chinese in a classroom, class begins and you speak Chinese and when class ends, you speak your native tongue. And that's about all the Chinese you can muster for that day. With a Chinese tutor, you often speak Chinese, and depending on your speaking ability, you may never speak your native tongue at all. This technique is beneficial to not only your speaking, but to your listening ability, knowledge of the usage of idioms, spoken Chinese, and slang. And importantly constantly hearing "authentic" Chinese alters your Chinese to the way in which Chinese people speak and away from the way foreigners speak Chinese. Soon you might even find that your ability to speak your native tongue suffers and that you are not only speaking good Chinese and listening with a full understanding of what is being said, but what you are actually thinking just in Chinese, rather than first in your native tongue and then in Chinese. That level of Chinese, I have heard, is what is called "fluency."

Vimal
New York
New York University

Tremendous

Overall

It was a fantastic experience and my Chinese speaking skills and my understanding of the culture improved tremendously!
I was living with a Chinese family just outside of Central Beijing and had a private tutor for four hours a day. The home and family were very nice. The apartment was spacious, air conditioned, and I was given my own room and bathroom. Whenever I was at home, I would eat my three meals with the family. The neighborhood was very very safe. I had no issues or worries at all. I asked to be in a neighborhood where not much English was spoken, so I would be able to practice my Chinese. I was living in a community of 30,000 Chinese, where I made many friends during my stay. GAC provided me with exactly what I asked for.

Richard
Germany, Munich

Mandarin Program

Overall

I am a senior in college in the United States. I came to China to learn mandarin as quickly as possible. That being said, I decided learn Chinese with BlCU program would be most appropriate! The Go Abroad China provided outstanding service before, during and after my trip in China. I was most pleased with the degree of freedom I was able to exercise while in China. Since I participated under the BLCU learn Chinese, the class times were amazing. My teachers were understanding, smart, and very funny. I got more than plenty of time to explore the city; I even signed up at a local health club to upkeep the active lifestyle I have in the USA!

My host family was a perfect match for me. They were a down to earth, modern family. My stay there was great. My host mother was a busy professional, but always spent the time to show me around and teach me about Chinese Culture. This stay in Beijing reinforced my knowledge of the Chinese as generous, caring and intelligent people.

I will most definitely recommend Go Abroad China to my friends.

Sherry
Beijing
London of Kings College

Go Abroad China is very helpful

Overall

My experience with Go Abroad China here has been great and quite helpful of course. I would really recommend GAC to all my friends; I think they are very nice and made me feel very comfortable every minute while in China. They have been very helpful and lovely to me! I am very sad for leaving! Anyway, they told me that we can still hang out together and I will for sure visit them from times to times next year.

My Chinese courses at Shanghai Fu Dan University are very good and I love the atmosphere at my university. I gained a great deal of practical knowledge from this course.

I really appreciate GAC making my stay in Shanghai such an interesting sojourn, and of course of helping my Chinese to improve a lot faster. Thank you again.

Mary
Walnut, California
California State University

Double safe

Overall

The program was awesome. I loved my home stay best. I was really lucky to stay with these hospitable, kind and understanding people. They were always there for me just like GAC guys. I felt double safe. I knew, no matter what, GAC and Mr. and Mrs. Wang will be by my side. They also helped me to practice m Chinese and the improvement was obvious. In exchange I taught their son, Peter (a very nice little folk) some English.
This month was amazing thanks to GAC!

Marry
Beijing
Cornell University

I fell in love everyday ---China Amzaing country

Overall

Hi, my name is Marry. I have studied Chinese for two years, and this is my first time with the Go Abroad China Program in Beijing. I really enjoyed it! I thought it was very fun and I learned a lot more than I would have otherwise. I would definitely recommend this program to other students because I have done multiple Chinese programs in China and I thought this one was the best.

I think Beijing Language and Culture University is the Amzing place to learn Chinese, and I made lots of friends there, never feel lonly here. we had lots of fun togeter. Also I really loved my host family. They were absolutely amazing and made me feel very comfortable and very at home. I think that in living with a host family, you learn so much more Chinese than you would otherwise. You also become more immersed in the culture as well as the language. I think that my relationship with my host family will be one that I share for a long while.

I really fell in love with China, a great place to go!

do not eat out, use student oyster card, go to clearance section of tesco or coop for buying food. To party go to imperial college instead of expensive clubs.
Minellie
Canada

I'm lovin it!

Overall

When I first arrived in China I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. It felt like biting off way more than I could chew.

The GAC staff has been of great help in supporting me in times of need. Not only guiding me throughout the entire program but also using their own free time to take me out on excursions and sightseeing events. Because of them I can truly say that this has been one of the most enriching experiences I've ever had in my whole life.

The program itself was tough but manageable. I have learnt alot during my time in China about their language, culture and history. It's truly a unique place.

I definitly recommend this program to anyone who is interested in Chinese language and/or culture.

Go Abroad China as the leading internship abroad provider in China, over 10000 talented undergraduates, graduates and young professionals from over 50 countries have joined GAC China Internship program.

Go Abroad China provide in a wide range of sectors that include hospitality, business, trade, technology, marketing, consulting, finance, etc. Enjoy a great internship abroad in the top cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Shenzhen, and Hangzhou.

Our comprehensive China Internship Program offers Chinese language courses, Chinese cultural activities, business networking events and social networking as well as a variety of other support services. GAC takes the uncertainty and difficulty out of coming to China. We take care of all the necessities before you arrive and continue to provide wide-ranging services after arrival, leaving you to do internship work, explore the culture and have fun interacting with local people and other foreigners living abroad.