Next Step China - High School Student University Program

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from NextStepChina.

Next Step China's Teen University Summer Program allows high school students the chance to study abroad in a university setting in China during their summer break. Student's have the option to live in campus dorms or in shared apartments. They will attend around 20 hours of Mandarin courses per week with other students from around the world. Excursions and evening activities are included and encouraged.

Morris

One on one tutoring program

I decided to study Mandarin in China so I could improve my speaking--I don’t get to practice speaking too much in class and school, mainly reading and writing. I wanted to come to China and be able to speak with locals. I picked Next Step China based on the cost. I showed my Chinese teacher back home, and she was excited about the product. She was saying, “This is amazing! Hands down, you have to do this, no matter if you get credit for it or not”. Next Step China certainly exceeded my expectations because I got a lot of studying done, but I also got to have a lot of fun, too.

Jack

Tutoring program was effective

I thought the tutoring program was excellent. I thought the materials provided to us were very good. The exercises really had me learning Chinese characters and words. I felt I was learning a good, probably 30 characters a day. That’s recognizing and reading characters. I would say I could write about half as much, but I rapidly became conversational. I actually switched from the program at BLCUinto the tutoring program, because I felt it was much more effective.

About NextStepChina

At Next Step China, we are dedicated to offering a comprehensive range of affordable and flexible programs in China for students, professionals, and government officials.

We offer semester, summer, and custom-length programs that immerse you in the...