Earn 3 semester credits during a 2-week January term program at Veritas University in San José, Costa Rica. Choose from the history course, Costa Rican Health Care System and Tropical Medicine, and the social science course, Conflict Resolution and Health Care. Both courses are taught in English.
Live in a homestay within walking distance of Veritas University. Immerse yourself in Tica culture and Spanish language. Breakfast and dinner, a weekly laundry wash and internet access are included.
Living in a homestay in San José will give you a true sense of Costa Rican life. The city is full of character with vibrant markets, buzzing nightlife, street art and charming neighborhoods. This lively capital city offers all of the amenities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes, national parks and the lush central highlands. Study abroad in Costa Rica with AIFS to experience the ‘Pura Vida’ way of life.
- Live in a Costa Rican homestay in a single room
- Breakfast and dinner included daily
- Optional 3-day excursion to Manuel Antonio National Park
- Earn 3 credits studying health and human sciences at Veritas University
- Over 50% of students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of grants or scholarships