ICDS, Universidad Latina de Costa Rica, and Hospital Clinica Biblica work jointly on this six week program exploring health care in the developing world and improving students' Spanish speaking skills. Students learn about Costa Rica's unique health care model, the way global public health issues unfold in the region, and the language to work and interact with Spanish-speaking patients. Participants gain hands-on experience via clinical rotations at Hospital Clinica Biblica (for advanced Spanish speakers) and community work in social welfare services (for beginner and intermediate level Spanish speakers).
- Field trips and excursions around San Jose and Costa Rica
- Hands-on clinical rotations and/or community work in social welfare services
- Spanish classes designed for medical professionals and the health care industry
- Homestays with local host families that include meals, laundry, and WiFi
- Pre-departure assistance and airport pick-up/drop-off