ISA Study Abroad in Heredia, Costa Rica

Relax in the beautiful Costa Rican city of Heredia! ISA and Universidad Latina have teamed up to give you an unforgettable study abroad experience. Heredia is smaller than San Jose, the close-by capital of Costa Rica, offering many of the same things, but resonates Costa Rican culture in a purer form.

Study Spanish language, electives in English, and other courses with Costa Rican's during the semester or academic year. The summer program revolves around intensive Spanish Language. Sign up with ISA and begin the trip of a lifetime today!

Kendra

Best Money I've Ever Spent

I went to Costa Rica on a complete whim. I chose my program randomly and ISA's Costa Rica Heredia program was the hands down absolute best experience I could have ever dreamed about. I loved the classes and my professors. The directors are absolutely amazing... They end up as your good friends at the end of your trip. Also, Heredia is a smaller town so I always felt completely safe and it's a short bus ride to San José for travel across the country on weekends. The excursions were great and I always came back feeling refreshed and wanting to explore Costa Rica more. My host family became like my own family and I absolutely adored them; honestly, I can't wait to go back and visit them. I would recommend this program to every single person I meet, especially if they want to improve their Spanish!

Honestly the only thing I can think of is having more honesty about host families. I had one group mate who didn't get along with her family at all and she didn't tell our directors because she didn't want them to get mad. She didn't understand that the directors won't get mad, they want to help so I think they need to be more transparent with that.

About ISA (International Studies Abroad)

As a leader in international education for thirty years, ISA is dedicated to providing university and college level students the opportunity to discover, learn, and enjoy a way of life other than their own. ISA offers a diverse portfolio of education...