- Costa Rica
View Other Details
Join Toucan Abroad and other students from around the US in this highly enriching program. We aim to expand your perspective and grow into future leaders in the field of physical therapy through exposure to the work of licensed PT specialists. You’ll shadow them while they provide expert patient care. Evolve by developing a more holistic view of yourself, your future profession, and the world through immersion into a different society.
For two weeks, you’ll engage in 40 to 60 clinical observation hours in different PT specialties. You’ll also have time to bask in the breathtaking natural beauty of Costa Rica and experience its rich culture.
Toucan Abroad gives you the opportunity to stand out among other PT school applicants through a unique, unparalleled experience abroad through this program.
- Accumulate 40 or 60 hours of clinical observation in different PT specialties, allowing you to gain real practice alongside other undergraduates and licensed therapists.
- Improve and practice Spanish in the professional health setting.
- Create meaningful friendships with other students who share your dream of attending a Physical Therapy School.
- Embark on planned excursions to a stunning rainforest, to beaches, and volcanoes as well as other beautiful places!
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and learn about the 'pura vida'.