Spend your January term studying abroad in the Galápagos Islands, Ecuador with AIFS! Earn 3 credits over 2 weeks studying environmental science in the course Ecosystems and Biodiversity in the Galápagos. Based at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) extension campus on the island of San Cristóbal, this course is taught by USFQ faculty in English.
While living in Ecuador, you'll stay with local families on San Cristóbal Island and enjoy hotel accommodations elsewhere. Cultural visits and activities provide a robust experience as you learn about the major ecosystems of the Galápagos Islands firsthand. A 2-night excursion to Santa Cruz Island is included with the program.
- 2-night excursion to Santa Cruz Island
- Visits to El Junco, La Lobería, La Galapaguera, Kicker Rock, and more.
- Trip to Quito historic center and Middle of the World Monument guided tour or guided visit to Otovalo Market
- Visit to the Charles Darwin Research Center
- Over 50% of students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of grants or scholarships