AIFS Abroad in the Galápagos Islands, Ecuador: Universidad San Francisco de Quito
View Other Details
Round trip flights and airport transfers included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
Spend the summer in the stunning and pristine Galápagos Islands with AIFS Abroad! You’ll earn 3 credits taking “Ecosystems and Biodiversity in the Galápagos” through Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFG). Courses are taught in English.
Live in a homestay with a local family, where daily breakfast and dinner will be provided. Hotel accommodation is provided for the Quito and Island-hopping section of the program.
You’ll enjoy cultural activities including:
• Guided tours and museum visits in Quito
• Trip to Frigate Bird Hill
• Visit to El Junco Lake
• Visit to La Galapaguera – home to the famous giant tortoises
• Trip to La Lobería Beach to see sea lions
• Visit to Kicker Rock
• 2-day excursion to Santa Cruz Island.
Video and Photos
- Earn 3 credits and transcript issued by the Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Guided tours, day trips, and museum visits included
- 4 nights in Quito and 2 nights at Santa Cruz Island
- Visit to Darwin Research Center
- Galápagos National Park entrance fee and snorkeling equipment included
Spend J-Term exploring the ecological diversity of the Galápagos Islands, Ecuador, with AIFS Abroad! Study environmental science at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ), a leader in education, research, creativity and entrepreneurship in Latin America.
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad. AIFS also offers internship and study abroad + internship blended programs to support the development of personal and professional skills.