View Other Details
SIT Study Abroad is committed to increasing access to international education and to ensuring you have the information you need to successfully access funding for your study abroad program with us. We offer a broad range of scholarships and grants, including our award winning Pell Grant Match. Scholarship awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
Study Ecuador's development processes while considering the relationship between power and discourse as the country's multilingual and multiethnic populations strive for social change and sustainability.
Major topics of study include:
* Power and politics in Ecuador, hegemonic and counter-hegemonic discourses of development
* How different groups in Ecuador conceptualize and talk about issues such as sustainability, restoration, extractive industries, social inclusion, and inter-ethnic relations
* The impact of Ecuador’s development processes on the environment, discourses surrounding sustainability and quality of life
* The relationship between the language(s) of political power and social movements in Ecuador
* Indigenous languages, politics, interculturalism, and plurinationality
SIT Robert Kantor Memorial Scholarship
Each year one student will be granted $10,000 in scholarship aid to study abroad with a SIT program. Funded by individual donors and foundations, the requirements are tight: seeking first-generation college students who've never traveled abroad before, currently attend an HBCU, and demonstrate strong financial need.