ICCYL: Safe & Sustainable Mobility Project in Oxford, UK

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from International Conference Centres for Young Leaders.

Study safety and environmental hazards of modern transportation systems and gain the leadership skills needed to develop sustainable solutions. At our 2-week residential programme in Oxford, UK, you will collaborate with your peers on team projects and work with leaders from local organisations. If you are a teen interested in building a more sustainable future, contact us to find out more about the Safe & Sustainable Mobility Project!

What's included?
-Mobility sessions by guest speakers
-Safe & sustainable mobility team project competition
-Workshops on leadership, teamwork, debating, & presenting
-Visits to organisations working on transportation sustainability & safety issues
-2 day-long excursions in London
-Social activities with international students
-Room & board in a local school dormitory

Dates:

Age: 13-17
Language: Upper Intermediate English
Visa: Depending on nationality

Genaro

What I loved and hated the most.

First of all when I arrived felt a very house-like feel the people were nice we really enjoyed the first week. The classes started really well but a bit degrading after each one. We had really little time to prepare our final projects for the sustainability competition and got a bit stressed and so the courses we took in the morning became somewhat underwhelming.

Most of my experience was a great challenge that I would recommend or even repeat myself, the organization was great but could be improved. Still the staff, the teachers even the tea breaks gave me an impression that I was in something big.

At the end of project competitions we didn't receive any feedback from ICCYL or any of the prizes, at least any of our teachers told us what was next or what happened?