Study Abroad in Paris, France: ILCF: Semester or Academic Year

AIFS Paris, France

Spend a semester or academic year in Paris, France with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 17 credits per semester studying at the Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises (ILCF), a department of the Catholic University of Paris. Courses are taught in English and French with no previous French language study required.

AIFS can help you arrange local volunteer opportunities with charities and organizations such as Les Restos du Coeur, which distributes food to the homeless.

You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
• Guided city walks
• Visits to the many museums and cultural sites of Paris
• Opera and ballet performances
• A half-day trip to the famous Château de Versailles.
An optional, 2-day trip to Normandy and Brittany is also available. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.

• Visit to Monet's Gardens in Giverny
  • Half day trip to Château de Versailles
  • Earn up to 17 credits and transcript issued by Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises (ILCF)
  • No previous French language study required
  • Live in a French homestay or, for a supplemental fee, a shared apartment

AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support

We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.

$500 - $5,000

Hi Maria, Thank you for reaching out to AIFS Study Abroad! With our programs, you will need to pay the program fee, which would cover your tuition, a meal plan, insurance, cultural & social activities, excursions, and on-site staff. In some of our locations we do offer single rooms, but for the most part they are very limited and often require a supplemental fee. I hope that helps! If you have any...

J

Wonderful Experience

AIFS Paris is a great program that I would highly recommend. The Paris staff was excellent and made sure everything ran smoothly. AIFS does an excellent job with host family placements as well. ILCF was great. The teachers were very helpful, and by the end of the semester, I could tell I had made a lot of progress.

Cori

Take Me Back to Paris

Obviously, Paris is amazing. But it would have been less amazing without the support of AIFS. They set me up in an amazing homestay in the 14eme, helped me register for all of my classes, planned opportunities to fully expose us to Paris, and overall added to the amazing time I had in Europe and ultimately, abroad.

The Paris program is different because there are two schools that students attend through AIFS. The Sorbonne and ILCF kids didn't get to know each other extremely well because we arrived at different times in Paris. Our activities included both schools, though!

Alumni Interviews

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....