Through a collaboration with the University of New England (UNE), IAU offers semester, summer and J-Term programs in the vibrant and historic city of Tangier, Morocco. The program is held on UNE's newly constructed campus in the heart of the city and has been specifically designed to support study abroad for students in the sciences. The campus boasts state-of-the-art lab facilities, including an organic chemistry lab, microbiology lab, and neuroscience lab. Additional campus resources include residence halls, sports facilities and exercise gym, library, study spaces, and a cafeteria. Students studying in Tangier will experience firsthand the diverse cultural history of Morocco and its complex identity and society through academic excursions, site-specific learning, and the opportunity to engage with the local community through participation in service-learning.
- Engaging semester, summer, and January term programs in the gateway between Europe, Africa, and the Arab world
- No previous college or language experience required
- Service learning opportunities available
- Student residence hall accommodations with access to a cafeteria, study spaces, and fitness and studio areas
- Wellness and Diversity resources and support on-site