Study Abroad Tour: Visit 11 Cities in 3 Weeks

Can't choose just one country? IAU offers January Term Traveling Seminars that each visit multiple locations. Travel for 2-3 weeks between your fall and spring semesters, or attend an IAU January Term Traveling Seminar before your spring semester in Aix-en-Provence, Barcelona, or Madrid! These short term programs are worth 3 credits (1 class) where you learn on the go!

• Short Term
  • Psychology
  • Multi-country
  • Art
  • Business

Gina

IAU Jterm Multi-country

The professors that went on the trip were wonderful. Incredibly smart and knowledgeable on the material but were also fun, out going, and personable. Each hotel we stayed at was very different. Some were good, some were not so good but we only stayed at each hotel for a maximum of 3 nights so it was never a big issue. We did so many things each day and really took advantage of all the sight seeing. I learned a lot and was exhausted after the trip but i look back fondly of my time aboard. It was really an incredible experience and I miss it.

Be more clear in course description and course objectives so students understand the course before they go on the trip.

Have more descriptive meal options.. ex: I am not a vegetarian therefore I didnt select the “vegetarian” option before going abroad. But after realizing several meals were prepared and were seafood, i had wished I said i was vegetarian because I dont eat seafood
Liam

Integration Amidst Crumbling

This J-Term gave me the tools and perspective to understand the history, the evolution of political context, and the role of religion in every region we visited. It gave me a framework with which I could begin to understand what's going on across Europe: nationalism, regionalism, religious abandonment and reinvigoration, secularism, fear, and hope. The program, along with its stellar staff gave me the resources to see everything from Paris to the Magreb with a newly-illuminated and full perspective.

Give more realistic reading loads and homework assignments!