KEI Abroad in Paris, France

KEI Abroad in Paris, France

KEI is offering this exciting opportunity to study in Paris, France at the American Business School (ABS) at the Institut de Gestion Sociale (IGS). Study abroad like a true Parisian in shared flats with other KEI and ABS students. The flats are fully furnished, and are located in one of the nicest residential areas of Paris.

Study Business, Law, & Diplomacy, or French Language, Culture & Humanities courses at the American Business School, a school of the IGS. Multiple weekend and day trips and excursions are available for no extra cost other than meals. Past destinations include Versailles, Brussels, Lyon and Strasbourg, among others. Check out KEI's extensive website for more information today!

Europe » France » Paris
Statement of Purpose
Letters of Recommendation
Paris

Victoria

Once in a lifetime experience!

One specific experience I have enjoyed at the Institut de Gestation Sociale, or, American Business School (ABS), was the use of interactive and hands-on experiences used by the professors. The best part was that the professors were actually industry professionals. I was in the fashion program at ABS, or the Luxury Retail Management Program, and the experience I remember most was when we took a field trip in place of class time to visit this amazing luxury shop right outside l'Opera. The store is called Bucherer and I have never experienced anything like this before! We got a private tour and it felt so intimate and mature- like we were already in the business as clients. The store was beautiful itself but we spent the whole day hearing about the care that goes into making watches and the art of watch making/wearing. I did not know much about watches when I arrived, I usually only learn about clothing and merchandising, but this experienced opened my eyes to a new world almost! I am so grateful to be able to have this experience because I feel like I really learned some valuable lessons that I could never have learned just by reading a textbook or sitting at a desk. This school did a great job with interactive methods of teaching and I would recommend it highly, especially for fashion majors who want to know more about the industry. My opinion is that there is no better place to learn about fashion than in Paris.

One thing I would change is the communication between KEI, the host family, and the student. It would be more helpful if KEI let the students know about the potential house rules so the students could know ahead of time and make changes if they need to.

Kayla
Fort Myers, FL
Florida Gulf Coast University

Semester in Paris

The program was exciting! Our on site director Daniele was the best! She was very enthustiastic about the French language and culture. When she took us on excursions she was passionate and knowledgable. Learning the use of the metro and buses was relatively simple. The school is located right next to the river and is a great place to eat lunch or work on homework. Overall, one the the BEST experiences. Can not wait to go abroad again!!!

Doing more with the students before they leave to help them be better prepared. The program was excellent during my time abroad, always asking how things were going but before hand I wish there would have been more involvement.

Founded in 1997, The Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) believed that studying abroad with discipline-specific studies and professional development goals would better enhance the traditional cultural exchange and liberal arts approach. KEI's programs are best suited for those students looking to get more than just cultural