Spend a semester or academic year in Grenoble, France with AIFS. You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through the Intensive French Language Program at the Université Grenoble Alpes. Courses are taught in English and French, with no prior French language studies required.
Students can take a service learning component in addition to the standard courses. Volunteer opportunities include designing and running English language workshops for French high school students or French undergraduate students.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
• Guided city walks
• Visits to local museums
• French cooking classes
• A ride on the famous cable cars over the city
• Hiking trips
• Language exchange with French students
• Day trips to Lyon and Annecy
• 3-day trip to Provence
• 4-day trip to Paris.
Optional excursions include a 2-day visit to Vercors (fall only) and a 2-day trip to an Alpine resort (spring only).
- Earn up to 15 credits and transcript issued by the Université Grenoble Alpes
- 3-day trip to Provence
- 4-day excursion to Paris
- No previous French language studies required
- Housing in homestay or, for a supplemental fee, a student residence